Eggs are the staple ingredients because it has a lot of nutrients in it, uses in many Indian recipes. But the problem is after cleaning you can’t get rid of egg smell. But don’t worry here are the most effective kitchen tips on how to get rid of egg smell. Egg is it usually leaves a strong and unpleasant smell on your hands, utensils, cloth, floor even in your mouth.
In this blog post, you will learn with the help of some basic kitchen ingredients you can easily remove egg smell from your hand, utensils, floor, cloth and mouth.
If you are an egg lover just like me then you can enjoy eggs without worrying about anything.
Table of Contents
How to get rid of egg smell
Here is a list of important kitchen tips to remove egg smell from your clothes, hands, kitchen utensils even from your mouth. Thoroughly read each instruction then apply to your problem.
How to get rid of egg smell from utensils
We often feel that utensils uses to prepare eggs, most of the time they may keep the stinky egg smell even after wash. So to get rid of egg smell from utensils, you must follow below kitchen tips:
- Baking soda solution: For this create baking soda solution by mixing 2 tablespoons of baking soda with warm water then apply the paste on the utensils, Scrub them well, and then rinse them with hot water.
- White vinegar solution: You can also try white vinegar to get rid of egg smell from utensils. For this soak your utensils in a solution of white vinegar and water for an hour. Then, rinse the utensils with hot water after that dry them completely.
- Lemon juice solution: Lemon juice is a natural deodorizer, it can also help you to neutralize the egg smell from your utensils. Mix lemon juice with water even if you can mix it with dishwasher liquid, and then wash your utensils.
- Use coffee powder: You can also try using coffee powder to remove the egg odour from the utensil. For this soak the coffee powder in water for 5 to 6 minutes then spread the coffee mixture all over the utensils and scrub them. At the end wash the utensils with cold water and a soft sponge.
- Commercial odour remover: If all the above natural odour remover fails. Then try a commercial odour remover designed to remove food odours from utensils. Follow the instructions and use one of your utensils.
How to get rid of egg smell from the floor
While preparing egg dishes for our family sometimes while cracking egg by mistake some parts of the egg drop on the floor which usually leaves a strong smell. So to get rid of the egg smell from the floor must follow below kitchen tips and tricks:
- Clean the floor immediately: To get rid of egg smell from the floor clean up the eggs from the floor with a clean cloth and water as early as possible. Because if the egg sits on the floor longer time, then it will become harder to remove the odour from it.
- Use baking soda: You can also use baking soda to remove egg smell from the floor. Sprinkle baking soda on the floor, after that rest for at least 30 minutes. After that, with a help of a damp cloth wipe the baking soda away from the floor.
- Use white vinegar: White vinegar solution can help you to get rid of egg smell from the floor. In a bucket of warm water pour a cup of white vinegar. Now mop the floor with it. You see this vinegar solution neutralizes the egg odour from the floor.
- Commercial odour eliminator: If none of the above works you can use a commercial odour eliminator to get rid of egg smell from the floor. follow the instructions mentioned on the product, and use it in the desired area to remove the odour.
You May Like
How to get rid of egg smell from hands
Eggs can leave a lingering smell on your hands, especially if you’ve been cracking or handling raw eggs. Check the below methods to get rid of egg smell from hands.
- Use baking soda: At first, mix baking soda and warm water to prepare the paste. After that rub the paste on your hands. Then rinse with water. In this way, you will get rid of egg smell from your hand.
- Use vinegar: In a bowl prepare a solution of water and vinegar in 1:1 ratio. Now put your hands in a bowl and rub them together for some time before washing them with soapy water.
- Use lemon juice: Rub the lemon slice on your hands for a few minutes after that wash them with soapy water.
- Use essential oils: Rub essential oils like lemon, peppermint, or tea tree oil with coconut oil to remove egg smell from hands. After that wash the hand with soapy water.
- Use hand sanitiser: If the above things are still not available to you then you can use alcohol-based hand sanitiser to get rid of egg smells. For this apply some hand sanitiser to your hands and rub them together until dry. This method will help you to neutralize the egg odours from your hand.
How to get rid of egg smell from clothes
- Use detergent: You can get rid of the egg smell from clothes by using normal detergent. For this mix a bucket of water with 1/4 cup of detergent. Put the clothes inside the bucket for at least 30 minutes. After that scrub, the cloth with a brush then rinses with water.
- Use baking soda: Baking soda is a natural deodorizer, that helps to get rid of egg smell from cloths. For this mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 bucket of warm water then soak your clothes in the mixture for at least 15 minutes before washing.
- Use white vinegar: You can also use white vinegar to remove the egg smell from clothes. For this add a cup of white vinegar to a bucket of water, then put the clothes inside it for at least 10 minutes before wash them completely in water.
- Use essential oil: Essential oil like lemon, lavender, and eucalyptus is a great ingredient to get rid of egg smell from clothes. Because they have natural deodorizing properties which help to remove egg smell from clothes. For this add a few drops of essential oil along with your detergent before washing your clothes.
How to get rid of egg smell from mouth
We often noticed that after eating eggs a stinky smell usually comes from our mouth. Especially if you are eating raw eggs or dishes that contain raw eggs. To get rid of egg smell from mouth, you can follow below kitchen tips:
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth with proper toothpaste. This will remove any food particles, especially egg particles that may be stuck in your teeth and gums, which may generate a smell from your mouth.
- Use mouthwash: You can also use mouthwash with especially contains menthol or peppermint. Because that helps to kill bacteria. This helps you to remove egg smell from mouth.
- Chew fresh mints leaves: Chewing fresh mint leaves can also help you to get rid of the egg smell from your mouth. Because it contains natural compounds that can help to freshen your breath and remove the bad smell from the eggs.
- Consult a dentist: If nothing works to get rid of egg smell from mouth. Then, you must consult a dentist. They will verify whether you have any underlying issue that may create the egg smell from your mouth.
By using any of the above kitchen tips and tricks, you can easily remove the egg smell from utensils, hand, floor, cloth and mouth.