Almonds are usually used in various sweet and savory recipes, these are also a great snack dish.Though some people prefer the flavor and color of a peeled almond. If you don’t know how to blanch almonds fast here i share list of 3 easy ways to peel almonds quickly.
We all know almonds have numerous health benefits because almonds consists of protein, fiber . minerals and vitamins. According to health expert if a persons take a handful or 1 ounce of almonds that help blood sugar level, cholesterol.
Research shows that the best way to eat almond is soaked peel almonds because skin contains tannin, which prevent the complete absorption of nutrients which is why most people prefer to eat peel almonds.
Below i share 3 easy way to peel almonds quickly, check the step by step instructions, it will help you.
What are blanched almonds?
Basically , blanched almonds or peel almonds are nothing but almonds that don’t have skin on it.
| Also read : how to clean oven effectively
How to peel almond fast
If you prefer mild flavor of blanch almonds.Then you know peeling almonds are very tedious task if you don’t know how to peel almond fast. Here is share 3 easy ways to peel almonds fast at home without wasting anytime.
How to blanch almonds fast
1. To quickly blanch almonds at first, take a saucepan, pour water in it and heat the water. Remember one thing there should be enough water so that all the almonds can be fully submerged.
2. When water becomes a rolling boil, bubbles start coming then remove the saucepan from the heat.
| Also read : how to check plate and cutlery are germ free
3. Now pour the almonds into the hot water and let them stay for a couple of minutes ( approx 20 to 25 min depending upon your container size and water temperature.)
4. After that drain the water and quickly rinse them under the cold water for at least 1 to 2 minutes until the almonds are cool enough to touch.
5. Next place the almonds on a dry cloth or paper towel and dry them by dabbing with a towel to reduce excess water from them.
6. Finally held almonds in between two fingers and apply slight pressure on the lower part of the almond, and the skin will then separate easily from the almond, now collect the peeled almonds on a fresh tray.
| Also read : how to cleab sticky grease off kitchen cabinets
How to peel almonds in the microwave
1. At first for peeling almonds in the microwave pour water into a microwave-safe container and put it in the microwave to a boil.
2. Now to easily remove the skins from almonds place the almonds in the boiled water, re-insert them inside the microwave and let it cook for at least 2 minutes.
3. After that drain the almonds and run them under cold water then dry them with a towel or cotton cloth.
4. Finally peel the skin of the almonds by pressing the bottom with your fingers.
| Also read : how to peel ginger easily
How to blanch almonds without hot water
If you don’t want to use hot water for the blanching method or microwave methods.
- Though this process is time-consuming it is the easiest way to peel almonds. For this soak the almonds overnight in a bowl of water.
- In the morning, simply drain the almonds and rub the peel off with your fingers. It will easily leave the skins.