Chicken sandwich recipe is one of the simplest but most delicious sandwich recipes which is usually made from shredded chicken, mayonnaise, and fresh veggies. This indian chicken sandwich recipe can be made easily at home without any extra hassle. To cook this delicious mayo chicken sandwich recipe at home follow the below step by step instructions on how to make chicken sandwich?
Though there are various ways you can prepare chicken sandwich recipes at home either by making grilled chicken sandwich or just eating a cold chicken sandwich using a lot of cheese sauces etc.
But if you are looking for a delicious but simple sandwich recipe for your breakfast then this mayo chicken sandwich recipe is the best option for you.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is chicken sandwich
Chicken sandwich is a popular sandwich recipe usually made from toasted bread filled with cooked mayonnaise chicken stuffing and circular cut veggies like tomatoes and capsicum.
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
What to serve with mayo chicken sandwich
After assembling mayo chicken sandwich you should serve it immediately with soup, salads or soft drinks.
Tips to make indian chicken sandwich recipe
- Choice of bread : You can use any type of bread from white bread to whole grain bread to prepare this indian chicken sandwich recipe.
- Mayonnaise : Make sure don’t increase the quantity of mayonnaise for the mentioned amount of chickens because it will make your chicken sandwich soggy quickly. Serve them immediately after preparing them.
- Vegetables : You can use thinly sliced circular cut veggies including capsicum, and tomatoes while assembling mayonnaise chicken sandwich.
- Cooking Method : Traditionally breads for sandwich recipes are toasted in an oven or griller but for our homemade recipe we use a grilled pan, where buttery bread is toasted in medium flame to get a perfect grilled line on the sandwich.
- Add on : If you want you can add green chutney, mozzarella, or cheddar cheese to your chicken sandwich.
You May Like
How to make mayo chicken sandwich
Here, the complete recipe for chicken sandwich preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is preparing mayo chicken sandwich,
second one is toast bread and last one is assembling mayo chicken sandwich.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparing mayo chicken sandwich
1. Now for preparing mayo chicken sandwich recipe place 200 grams of shredded boiled chicken in a bowl, also cut tomatoes, and capsicum in a circular way.
2. Then heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and spread it evenly.
3. After that add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste and saute in medium flame for 2 min.
4. Next add shredded chickens and cook for 3 mins.
5. Furthermore add 2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, and 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
6. Now cook them a further 5 min on medium flame till all the spices mix properly with the chickens.
8. Finally pour the cooked chickens into a large mixing bowl.
9. Now add 3 to 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
10. Then add 1 teaspoon black pepper and 2 teaspoons crushed mustard seed powder.
11. Also add 1 medium size chopped onion, and 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander leaves.
12. Furthermore squeeze 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
13. Now mix everything together and our mayo chicken is ready for the sandwich recipe.
Toast bread for sandwich recipe
1. At first to toast bread for the sandwich recipe apply butter to both the bread slices.
2. Now heat a grill pan on medium flame and place the sandwich with the butter side down. Cook for 2 mins or until crispy and golden brown from both sides.
Note : you can press the top sides of the sandwich with a flat spatula or large plate to get properly grilled bread.
Assembling indian chicken sandwich recipe
1. Now for assembling the indian chicken sandwich recipe first place the toasted bread on a plate.
2. Then apply mayo chicken mixtures on the bread, and make sure don’t wait too much because the bread will become soggy.
3. After that add circular cut tomatoes, and capsicum.
4. Now again apply the chicken mayo sandwich mixture on the top of the veggies.
5. Finally place the other part of the toasted bread on this mixture. Serve it immediately to your guest.
Chicken sandwich recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the chicken sandwich ingredients including quick step by step preparation of mayo chicken sandwich shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.