Garlic naan recipe – is the most popular Indian leavened flatbread made with flour,minced garlic,kalonji seeds, freshly chopped coriander leaves and butter.This butter naan recipe is usually served as a main dish along with most of indian curries and gravies.Try this super delicious and fluffy garlic naan at home with below step by step instructions.In this post, you will learn how to make naan at home? This soft and fluffy butter naan recipe usually prepared in tandoor,but in most of our home we don’t have any tandoor so i made on tawa.
I am sure if you properly follow step by step instructions you can make super delicious homemade garlic naan recipe.
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is naan?
Naan is one of the india’s popular leavened flatbread variant , it usually made with flour,yeast,yogurt knead with warm milk to become soft then stretched in oval shape sprinkle some coriander leaves,kalonji seeds,chopped garlic and garnish with butter.
Finally cooked in tandoor or gridle to make soft and fluffy bread.
What is the side dish of butter naan?
| You can also check this
Tips to make garlic naan recipe at home
- Choice of Flour : To make perfect butter naan recipe at home, i use all-purpose flour or maida and whole wheat flour or atta as 3:1 ratio.
- Thickness : Traditionally in butter naan recipe soft,fluffy and medium thickness size naan are made, for this perfectly knead the naan dough with warm milk and apply oil on the dough and rest it for some time before using.
- Fluffing Ingredients : To make fluffy and light garlic naan at home must use yeast , yogurt in the naan dough and rest it at least 3 hours before cooking naan.
- Cooking Method : For homemade garlic naan recipe you can either use iron griddle or non-stick pan.For non stick pan place naan on griddle sprinkle some water around it and immediately cover it with lid for some time until bubble from top.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make naan at home?
Here, the complete garlic naan preparation classified into three simple categories first one is preparing yeast for butter naan recipe,
the second one is making butter naan dough, third one is making garlic naan shape,and the last one is cooking garlic naan recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation of butter naan recipe with yeast
1. In a bowl add 2 tsp active dry east then add 80 ml luke warm water.
2. After that add 1 tbsp sugar in bowl and mix them together.
3. After 5 to 10 min you will see yeast is activated and bubbly texture from the top.
How to make butter naan dough
1. Now to make naan dough, add 375 grams maida or all purpose flour and 125 grams of whole wheat flour also add 2 tbsp salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Then add 4 tbsp yogurt.
3. After that pour activated yeast in this mixture.
4. Next add 5 tablespoon of oil to the dough.
5. Now add 100 ml luke warm milk in interval and knead the dough thoroughly to make smooth naan dough.
Note: At this stage dough becomes a little bit sticky because you add yeast and sugar in it. If it is too much sticky then sprinkle some all-purpose flour in it.
6. Furthermore take a bowl and grease oil in it.
7. Now place naan dough in it also apply some oil on it.
8. Next cover wet cloth on top of it and rest the butter naan dough for at least 3 to 4 hours until it becomes double.
Making butter naan shape
1. Now before making butter naan first ready some butter,kalonji seeds,freshly chopped coriander leaves,chopped garlic
2. Then apply some oil on palm and divide the dough into 5 equal sizes and rest it them for another 15 mins.
3. Now gently strech the dough either circular or oval shape and apply some chopped garlic,coriander leaves and sprinkle some kalonji seeds on top of it,then gently press the rolling pin on top of them,apply some butter on it.
How to make garlic naan
1. Now for making garlic naan recipe first add our naan shape on non-stick tawa or gridle.
2. Then sprinkle some water around it,it instantly generates steam.
3. Immediately cover the naan with a lid and cook for 2 min in medium flame.
4. At this stage you will see brown patches at the boom and bubble on the top side of naan that meas your naan is cooked from bottom side,now apply butter on the top side.
5. Then using a tong flip the naan and do the same thingh as above, sprinkle some water around it and cover immediately to perfectly cook this restaurant style garlic naan recipe at home.
6.Finally our homemade garlic naan recipe is ready apply some butter on top of it and serve it hot with your favorite gravy dish.
Garlic Naan Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of butter naan recipe including quick step by step preparation of the garlic naan recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.