Egg biryani recipe-one of the popular biryani recipe in Indian cuisine, in which long-grain fragrant basmati rice steamed with egg masala, a few herbs, and aromatic biryani spices. It is popularly known as anda biryani in most Indian places. Though there are various recipes of egg biryani preparation available in India such as dum egg biryani, egg biryani in the cooker, and instant pot egg biryani recipe yet I prefer most traditional dum egg biryani recipe as it gives the authentic flavor in biryani recipe. In this post, you will learn how to make an egg biryani recipe at home?Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Though to prepare this egg dum biryani it takes a few more minutes than any instant pot or pressure cook egg biryani but ultimately it gives the complete authentic flavor of any traditional biryani recipe.
More Recipes You May Love
What is the recipe of egg biryani made of?
Egg biryani is made of good quality long grain fragrant basmati rice, boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried onions, desi ghee, thick yogurt, a few biryani spices including nutmeg, mace, green cardamom, black cardamom, clove, cumin seed, etc, freshly chopped coriander leaves, pudina leaves and for authentic flavor also add a few drops of rose water and kewra water.
What to serve with dum egg biryani?
Note: If you want to make above chicken dishes hover over the chicken tab and watch individual recipes.
Tips To Make Best Egg Biryani Recipe
- Rice: The key ingredients to make the best egg biryani recipe you have to use the best quality long grain flavourful basmati rice from any popular brand available in the market. Soak them in water up to 25 min to 30 min before making egg biryani.
- Secret Flavour: To get the authentic traditional aroma from egg biryani, you have to use desi ghee a few drops of rose water, kewra water, fried onions, and good quality garam masala powder or biryani masala powder either store-bought or homemade.
- Saffron Milk: In traditional dum biryani preparation one of the main ingredients is saffron milk, sprinkle a few saffron or Kesar in hot milk and mix it and set aside to cool until it changes its color from white to yellow.
The traditional recipe for egg biryani step by step with photo?
To prepare egg biryani recipe we simplified the whole preparation of egg biryani into three simple categories,
first one is Cooking Egg Biryani Masala, the second one is Preparing Rice For Egg Biryani,
the last one is Cooking Egg Biryani Recipe
so, let’s make it now.
Cooking Egg Biryani Masala
1. Take a large bowl and pour 300 to 400 grams of good quality basmati rice from any popular brand, wash them thoroughly in running water.
2. Then pour water in a bowl and soak the rice up to 30 to 35 min.
3. In a small bowl pour 50 ml hot milk.
4. Add 8 to 10 saffron or Kesar, make a quick stir, and set aside this mixture for some time until the milk turns white to yellow.
5. Now before making anda biryani boil 5 to 6 eggs and 4 to 5 potatoes cut into two parts and set aside for later use.
6. As we make traditional egg biryani for this we need brown onions, so take a pan pour oil.
7. Spread it evenly in medium flame.
8. Now, mix slice 3 to 4 medium size sliced onions and fry them in medium flame until onions become golden brown. Take out the fried onions from the pan for later use.
9. In the same pan pour 4 to 5 tbsp oil to prepare masala for egg biryani and add whole spices 3 to 4 clove,1 small bay leaf,4 green cardamoms,1 black cardamom,1 mace, 2-inch cinnamon,2 tsp cumin seed and saute them in medium flame up to 45 sec.
10. Next, add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and saute another 30 to 45 sec in medium flame until the raw smell completely goes away.
11. After that, add 2 to 3 medium size chopped tomatoes.
12. Also add 1/8 tsp turmeric,1/4 tsp salt,1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder.
13. Now mix everything and cook at least 3 to 4 min in medium flame until tomatoes become translucent.
14. Then, add 3 to 4 tbsp hung curd and mix with the gravy.
15. Now, pour a little water, unless all the spices will burn and make a quick stir up to 2 to 3 min in medium flame.
16. Additionally, mix 2 tbsp coriander leaves,2 tbsp pudina leaves in this gravy.
17. Also, add 1 tbsp good quality biryani masala powder and make a quick stir.
18. Then add boiled eggs, boiled potatoes in this anda masala gravy.
19. Next mix everything and cook this biryani gravy for another 2 to 3 min in medium flame until all the spices properly mix with eggs and potatoes.
20. At the end sprinkle some fried onions or brown onions on egg biryani gravy.
Preparing Rice For Egg Biryani
1. Now for traditional egg dum biryani pour water in a deep pot.
2. Then,add 2 to 3 tbsp salt,3 to 4 clove,1 small bayleaf,1 inch cinnamon,4 green cardamom,1 black cardamom,1 mace,1 tsp cumin seed,1 tbsp oil.
3. When the water starts to boil, add soaked rice in it.
4. For beautiful fragrance in biryani rice add 1 tbsp rose water,
5. Add,1 tbsp kewra water, and cook the rice up to 70%.
6. Now, check the rice by pressing in fingers and drain the excess water from rice and cool them for some time.
Cooking Dum Egg Biryani Recipe
1. Now for giving dum or steaming egg biryani, spread 2 tbsp oil or ghee in the bottom of handi which helps to avoid any stickiness of rice at the bottom of the pan.
2. Then, spread the first layer of boiled biryani rice at the bottom of the handi.
3. Next, make the second layer of biryani masala gravy.
4. After that, sprinkle 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves,2 tbsp pudina leaves on it.
5. Furthermore, evenly spread the second layer of rice over it.
6. Pour Kesar milk,
7. sprinkle 1 tbsp rose water,1 tbsp kewra water
8. also, add 2 to 3 tbsp desi ghee over it.
9. Additionally sprinkle remaining fried onions, chopped coriander leaves, pudina over top of the rice layer.
10. Finally, cover the handi with foil paper and cook the egg biryani in 2-3 min high flame and 15 min in low flame. Don’t open the handi for further 20 min, if you want to avoid direct heat of biryani you can place handi over tawa.
Note: When biryani is ready carefully open the lid and fluff the rice from one side with a sharp spatula and serve hot with some salad.
Egg Biryani Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the ingredients of Egg Biryani recipe including quick step by step preparation of hyderbadi egg dum biryani shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.