Veggie burger recipe is a popular burger recipes among various fast food lovers. This is a very tasty and easy veg burger recipe where crispy homemade veggie patties place inside a toasted burger bun along with some raw veggies, cheese and burger sauce. To cook a perfect veggie burger at home follow the below step by step instructions on how to make veggie burger?
If you want to eat restaurant style burger? Then don’t go to any restaurants just try this super delicious burger recipe by step by step instructions.
Besides veggies burger preparation I show you the burger sauce recipe which you can easily make at home.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is veggie burger
Veggie burgers or vegetarian burger recipe are popular alternatives to non-veg burger recipe. These days, grocery stores and restaurants are offering many options, that try to mimic a meat texture, custom-made black bean and veggie patties and more.
This veggie burger recipe can be made with beans, chickpeas, lentils, tofu, quinoa and a mix of different vegetables.
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
- Chicken burger
- French fry
- Chicken momos
- Veg momos
What to serve with veg burger
This veg burger recipe is the best snack dish for your family. Make sure after assembling veggie burgers serve them immediately with tomato ketchup, mustard sauce and some french fries, virgin mojito or any soft drinks.
You can use these delicious veggie burgers as snacks or as a lunch menu.
Tips to make homemade veg burger recipe
- Cooking Vegetables : For cooking vegetables for veggie patty make sure to cook vegetables in a pressure cooker or regular pot for at least they are tender, not mushy.
- Crispy Veggie patty : To prepare crispy veggie patty make sure to add the required amount of breadcrumb, semolina, all-purpose flour or maida and cornstarch flour in a cool vegetable mixture. Also, dipping in flour slurry and crumb coat makes them crispy while frying.
- Sauces For Burger : To enhances the flavour in your homemade burger recipe I show you two best burger sauce recipe which I like most and that you can easily make at home.
- Topping : Try adding some shredded cheese or cheese slices for a cheesy burger. You can also add pickled gherkins, pickled beets or onions, jalapeños, guacamole, salsa, grated carrots, tomato ketchup or sauce, tzatziki, hummus and mustard sauce.
You May Like
Preparation for veggie burgers recipe
Now for preparing veggie burger we first need to cook vegetables for patties then prepare breadcrumb and cornstarch slurry.
Cook vegetables for patties
1. Before cooking vegetables for patties thoroughly wash vegetables including 2 medium sizes grated carrots, 10 finely chopped french beans, 100 grams of green peas either fresh or frozen and 3 medium-sized boiled mashed potatoes.
2. Now in a pressure cooker pour 1 litre of water then add veggies in a pressure cooker.
Note : I already boiled potatoes separately but if you won’t boil them with veggies then thoroughly clean the potatoes from the mud then place them in a pressure cooker.
3. After that pressure cook on medium flame till veggies become tender and well cooked.
4. While vegetables are cooked put a pan in the oven, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and spread it evenly.
5. Next saute 1 large chopped onion and cooked till translucent.
6. Furthermore add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, and 4 chopped green chili and saute them till the raw smell of ginger garlic disappears.
Prepare bread crumbs
1. In a large bowl pour 100 grams of maida.
2. Then pour 100 grams of bread crumbs and mix them properly.
1. Now to make batter for a veg burger in a separate bowl pour 3 tablespoons of cornstarch powder, 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, and 2 tablespoons of sooji or semolina.
2. Next pour 100 ml water. Stir and mix everything to get lumps-free medium consistent batter.
How to make burger sauce
Burger sauce is one of the main ingredients in any type of burger recipe. Here I show you two homemade burger sauce recipes which you can easily try at home.
Best burger sauce recipe
1. At first for making simple but tasty homemade burger sauce recipe in a bowl add 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
2. Now add 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar.
3. Next add 1 teaspoon crushed muster seed, 1 teaspoon black pepper powder and 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Furthermore add 2 tablespoons of grated cabbage, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of salt.
5. Now mix everything and our simple burger sauce recipe is complete. Check the taste of burger sauce if anything is required add it. Set aside for later usage.
Spicy burger sauce recipe
1. Now for making a spicy burger sauce recipe in a bowl add 5 tablespoons of mayo, 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup and 2 teaspoons of red chili powder.
2. Also pour 2 teaspoons of lime juice.
3. Now mix them together and our spicy burger sauce is ready.
How to make veggie patty
Now to make veggie patty first prepare veggies patty mixture then crumb coat it before frying.
Making veggie patty mixture
1. Now for making veggie patty mixture in a large bowl add mashed potatoes, cooked vegetables, cooked onion, and ginger garlic mixture and mix them properly.
2. After that add 3 tablespoons of cornstarch powder, 3 tablespoons of maida, and 60 grams of breadcrumb also add 1 tablespoon of semolina and 2 teaspoons of salt.
3. Finally sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1 tablespoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, and 1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
4. Now mix everything and our veggie patty mixture is ready.
Note : Don’t add too much flour otherwise it will deteriorate the texture of the patties.
Breading for veggie patties
1. Apply oil on the palm and make a Tikki shape of vegetable mixture.
2. Now gently place on a plate and keep it freezer for at least 2 hours after taking out vegetable patties from the freezer dip in the batter which we made earlier.
3. Then immediately place in the breadcrumb bowl and coat the veggie patties evenly.
4. Set aside veggie patty one by one on a plate for frying.
How to make veggie burger
Here, the complete recipe for veggie burger preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is frying cheesy veggie patty,
second one is assembling burger recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Frying veggie patties for burger recipe
1. Now for frying veggie patties for veg burger recipe heat 3 tablespoon oil in a pan, place at least 2 veggie patties and shallow fry on medium-high flame.
2. Flip the veggie patties to other sides when one side is completely cooked, crispy and golden brown.
3. At this stage you can see our veggie patties become golden brown from both sides as I am shallow frying so I put them on vertically to cook the sides properly.
4. After that put the cheese layer on the veggie patties then cover the pan for 3 min till the cheese melt on the patties.
Assembling veggie burger
1. Now for assembling for the veggie burger recipe first toast the burger bun in butter.
2. Then apply spicy burger sauce on the lower part of the burger bun.
3. Then place the crispy vegetable patty on spicy burger sauce.
4. After that add slice of capsicum, tomato, and cucumber, next apply mayo mustard sauce on top of the veggies.
5. Apply tomato ketchup on the top layer of the burger bun.
6. Finally place the top layer burger bun and gently place all of the ingredients together and our homemade veggie burger recipe is completed.
Veggie burger recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of veg burger including quick step by step preparation of veggie burger recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.