Momos recipe is a popular north indian street food where flour based dumplings steamed with cabbage, carrot and spring onion stuffing.This Veg momos recipe also known as dim sim.To cook this delicious vegetable momos follow below step by step instructions on how to make veg momos?
Though there are various recipe of momos you can make at home from chicken momo to tandori momo, veg momo.
This veg momos recipe is super delicious and very easy to make at home.
To cook momos at home follow bellow tips and trick and step by step instructions.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is veg momos?
Veg momos recipe is popular indo chinese recipe where flour based dumplings stuffed with veggies including carrots, cabbage, french beans, capsicum , onions and flavor with some sauces and spices.
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry ,
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
What to serve with momos?
Serve dim sim or momos hot with a spicy momos churtney and vegetable soup.
Tips to make veg momos recipe
- Dough : To cook best veg momos recipe make sure dough must be firm and stiff, add only required amount water to knead.Momos sheet should be thick at center but thin at edges.
- Spices & Sauce: I want simple flavor in my momos stuffing so i only add soy sauce, vinegar , pinch of salt, pepper and chili powder. If you want you can experiment with different flavors of indian spices.
- Veggies : You can use thinly sliced veggies including carrots, capsicum,cabbages and chopped french beans while cooking vegetable momos recipe.If you want you can add grated paneer, mashed pottaoes, mushrooms but it will change the authenticity of the dish.
- Cooking Method : Traditionally while cooking momos recipe , they are steamed in a steamer , when you touch the dough it should not feel sticky, momos will also look transparent.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make veg momos?
Here, the complete recipe of momos preparation classified into three simple categories first one is making dough for momos recipe,
second one is prepare stuffing for veg momos, third one is making momos and last one is cooking veg momos
so, let’s make it now.
Making dough for momos recipe
1. At first for making dough for momos recipe in a large bowl mix 250grams all-purpose flour or maida,1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon oil.
2. Then sprinkle 5 to 6 tablespoons water in parts and knead to make firm dough. Make sure momos dough should not soft because it will become difficult to shape the dumplings.
3. Now apply 1 tablespoon oil on dough.
4. Finally cover the dough with a moist towel and rest the dough for 30 minutes.
Prepare stuffing for veg momos
1. For preparing stuffing for veg momos first heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and spread it evenly on pan.
2. Now add 1 large chopped onions saute in medium flame for sometimes till translucent.
3. Then add 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
4. After that add 3 chopped green chili and mix with them till onions become completely golden brown.
5. Next add 1 large grated carrots, 1 medium size chopped capsicum, 150 grams grated cabbage and 8 to 10 finely chopped french beans.
6. Now stir fry the vegetables on a medium to high heat for 3 to 4 min.
7. You can also sprinkle 3 tablespoon water then cover and cook veggies for 5 min in medium to low flame.
8. Furthermore sprinkle 3 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander leaves.
9. Next add 2 teaspoon red chili powder, ½ teaspoon black pepper and salt to taste.
10. Finally pour 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 teaspoon vinegar.Continue to stir fry on a medium to high flame for 2 to 3 minutes more and our vegetable stuffing is ready. Let the stuffing cool completely.
How to make momos at home
1. Now for shaping momos place the dough on a plate.
2. Then divide the dough into 8 to 10 equal circular ball, you can roll with the palm.
3. First apply dusted flour on board then using a rolling pin make a thin circle of 3 inch diameter from that dough ball. Make sure center is thick but edges are thin.
4. Now pour 1 tablespoon vegetable stuffing in center then apply water at the edges of circle with your finger tip or with a small pastry brush.
5. Next lift one side of the edge and start pleating the momos finally join all the pleats in the center just like modok.
Cooking veg momos recipe
1. Now for steaming veg momos recipe first grease a steamer pan with some oil or you can place large cabbage leaf on it.
2. Next arrange the veg momos in the pan, cover and steam for 7 to 10 minutes till the outer dough becomes transparent.
Note : Don’t overcook momos as the outer dough, becomes dense and chewy. The steaming time may vary upon the thickness of momos’ cover.
Finally our veg momos recipe is completed. At this stage if you touch the momo then dough should not feel sticky to you. This means they are done and the momos will have a transparent look.
Veg momos recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the veg momos ingredients including quick step by step preparation of veg momos recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.