chicken korma recipe-marinated chickens slowly cooked in shahi gravy is one of the popular chicken korma recipe in India.In India this chicken korma recipe also famous as shahi chicken korma or white chicken korma. Due to regional diversity in India, there are various recipes of chicken korma available like Hyderabadi chicken korma, Lucknowi chicken korma, Nilgiri chicken korma, etc consequently ingredients may differ from each other. In this post, you will learn how to make authentic shahi chicken korma gravy at home? Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is chicken korma made of?
Chicken korma is made of chicken cooked in shahi gravy made of fried onions, nuts, curd, and flavor with some Indian powder spices including red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder,garam masala powder.
Where does chicken korma recipe come from?
It is believed that the recipe of chicken korma is originated from the Indian subcontinent during the Mughal era. So, sometimes it is often called Mughlai chicken korma.
What serves best with chicken korma gravy?
chicken korma and rice is the best complementary Indian dish that everyone wants in their dining.It also goes well with Indian naan, roti, paratha.
Tips To Make Best Shahi Chicken Korma Recipe
Marination: In this chicken korma recipe marination plays a very crucial role which ultimately makes your chicken juicy and delicious.
Chicken Type: In traditional shahi chicken korma generally made of bone-in chicken so I use bone-in chicken. If you like boneless you can use it it’s totally up to you.
Spices: As this korma recipe is a little bit nutty and comparatively less spicy than any other Indian chicken recipes, so whatever spices you are going to use always prefer from any popular brand.
Recipe of chicken korma step by step with photo?
To cook authentic Indian chicken curry recipe you have to follow two easy processes,
first one is marination for chicken korma with some Indian spices
the second one is preparing korma gravy and the last one is cooking chicken korma curry.
So, let’s make it.
Marination For Chicken Korma
1. For marination add 500 gm bone-in chicken in a large mixing bowl.
2. Now, add ½ tsp black pepper powder,½ tsp salt.
3. Then add 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder,1/6 tsp turmeric powder
4. Add 1 tsp garam masala powder.
5. Also, add 3 tbsp thick yogurt or curd, not sour one.
6. Finally, mix 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 1 tbsp oil with chicken.
7. Now, mix every ingredient with chicken.
8. After that set aside marinated chicken in the refrigerator for up to 30 to 45 min for tender and juicy chicken korma curry.
Preparing Shahi Korma Gravy
1. Now, for preparing shahi korma gravy heat 5 to 6 tbsp oil in a pan and spread it evenly.
2. Then, add 3 to 4 medium size sliced onions and saute them in medium flame until slightly golden brown.
Note: we don’t need completely brown similar to biryani recipes.
3.When onions are slightly brown add 8 to 10 chopped cashew nut and 10 to 12 chopped almond.
4. saute them for another 2 minutes.
5. Next, add 3 tbsp curd,
6. also, add a little water.
7. mix 2 tsp of Kashmiri red chili powder in this mixture and saute them for another min.
8. In the end, turn off the gas and cool this mixture for some time.
9. Finally pour this mixture in a blender.
10. Now, add a little water and make a smooth nut-onion paste for shahi chicken korma gravy.
Cooking chicken korma curry
1. For cooking chicken, kurma curry pours 5 to 6 tbsp oil in a pan and spread it evenly in medium flame.
2. Then add some whole spices for korma including 1 bay leaf,4 green cardamoms, 1-inch cinnamon,4 clove, and 2 vertically sliced green chili.
3. Now saute them for 1 min in medium flame.
4. Then mix marinated chicken pieces in this Kadai.
5. Next, cook the chickens in medium flame up to 4 to 5 min.
6. Furthermore, add smooth shahi korma paste.
7. Now, mix with chicken pieces for another 2 to 3 min in medium flame.
8. After that, pour some water,
9. add 1 tsp salt,
10. Also add 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp garam masala powder,
11. Finally, add 1/6 tsp turmeric powder.
12. Now, mix every spice in this chicken kurma gravy for another 2 to 3 min.
13. Now cover the pan with a lid and cook this chicken kurma until chickens become tender and juicy. Finally, garnish chicken kurma with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chicken biryani, egg biryani.
Chicken Korma Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the chicken curry ingredients including quick step by step preparation of chicken curry shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.