veg biryani recipe-long grain fragrant basmati rice slowly cooked with some fresh veggies, herbs, and a few biryani spices are one of the popular vegetable biryani recipes in India. There are different recipes for veg biryani available in India like dum veg biryani, veg biryani in the pressure cooker, instant pot veg biryani. In this post, you will learn how to make veg biryani recipe at home?Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
This is a very delicious and easy recipe of veg biryani as there is no need for extra marinating stuff in veggies so, it takes comparatively less time than any nonveg biryani like chicken biryani, mutton biryani, etc.
More Recipes You May Love
If you have some time and patience then I suggest you must make dum veg biryani as it only gives traditional flavor in biryani recipe.
What is veg biryani recipe made of?
Veg biryani is made of long-grain flavourful basmati rice, fresh vegetables including carrots, capsicum, french beans, boiled potatoes, boiled soya beans, thick yogurt, freshly chopped coriander leaves, pudina leaves, a few biryani spices including nutmeg, mace, green cardamom, black cardamom, clove, cumin seed, etc, to enhance the flavour of dum veg biryani add a few drops of rose water and kewra water.
What is the difference between veg biryani and veg pulao?
In veg biryani preparation, rice is partially cooked in boiling water and then drained but in veg pulao preparation rice absorbed stock of vegetable gravy.
Besides, thick yogurt and powder spices which we use in cooking veg biryani recipe but don’t use in making pulao.
What to serve with veg biryani recipe?
Tips To Make Best Veg Biryani Recipe
- Rice: The key ingredients to make the best egg biryani recipe you have to use best quality flavourful basmati rice from any popular brand available in the market.
- Vegetables For Biryani: Always use fresh vegetables to prepare biryani. You can choose any type of vegetables depends upon your like.
- Traditional Flavor: Must add the most important flavor of traditional biryani recipe kesar milk, a few drops of rose water, kewra water, and chopped coriander and pudina leaves.
- Cooking Method: As traditional biryani recipe is always cooked in dum style, so I prefer this method in my recipe, but if you are short in time then you can also make pressure cook veg biryani, the method mentioned in the recipe card section.
Recipe of Hyderabadi veg biryani step by step with photo?
The complete preparation of veg biryani recipe classified into three simple categories,
first one is Preparing Gravy For Veg Biryani, the second one is Preparing Rice For Veg Biryani,
the last one is Cooking Veg Biryani In Dum Style.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparing Gravy For Veg Biryani
1. In a large bowl add 300 to 400 grams of good quality basmati rice from any popular brand, wash them thoroughly in running water.
2. Then Pour 600 ml to 800 ml water in a bowl and soak the rice up to 30 min.
3. Now to make one of the main ingredients in the biryani recipe is Kesar milk for this in a small bowl pour 50 ml warm milk.
4. Then add 10 to 12 saffron or Kesar and mix with spoons and set aside this mixture for some time until the milk turns white to yellow.
Note: Now before preparing veg biryani gravy boil 10 to 15 soya beans and 4 to 5 small size potatoes cut into two parts. After that shred the boiled soya chunk and chopped into small pieces also peel the potatoes and set aside for later use.
5.As we make traditional veg biryani recipe for this pour 5 to 6 tbsp oil in a pan.
6. Spread it evenly in medium flame.
7. Add whole spices 1 small bay leaf,3 to 4 green cardamom,3 to 4 clove,1 black cardamom, 2-inch cinnamon,2 tsp cumin seed.
8. Now saute them in medium flame up to 45 sec to 1 min.
9. After that add 2 to 3 medium size sliced onions.
10. saute in medium flame until onions become slightly golden brown.
11. Furthermore, add 2 to 3 vertically sliced green chili.
12. Add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and saute in medium to low flame until the raw smell of ginger garlic completely disappears.
13. Now add 1 medium-size carrot diced cut,
14. 1 medium-size capsicum cubed cut,
15. 3 tbsp chopped french beans
16. Now saute all of these veggies in medium flame up to 2 to 3 min.
17. Next, add 10 to 15 boiled, shred soya beans.
18. Mix properly with other veggies for another 1 to 2 min in medium flame.
19. After that mix boiled potatoes in this gravy.
20. Also, add green peas and gently mix with this veg biryani gravy for another 1 to 2 min.
21. pour a little, which helps to avoid any stickiness of gravy at the bottom of the pan.
22. Now add few Indian spices including 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder.1/4 tsp turmeric powder,1/4 tsp salt adjust later if required, add 1 tbsp biryani masala powder.
23. Now cook this gravy for another 2 to 3 min in medium flame.
24. Then, add 3 to 4 tbsp hung curd or yogurt and mix in this biryani gravy.
25. Finally, pour water and simmer this veg gravy for another 2 to 3 min.
26. After that turn off the flame and set aside this mixture for later use.
Preparing Rice For Veg Biryani
1. To cook perfectly veg biryani recipe, pour 1.5 lt to 2 lt water in a deep bottom then add 2 to 3 tbsp salt,3 to 4 clove,1 small bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon,4 green cardamoms,1 black cardamom,1 mace,1 tsp cumin seed,1 tbsp oil 1 tbsp rose water,1 tbsp kewra water.
2. When the water starts to boiling, add soaked rice in the pan.
3. Now cook the rice up to 70%. It’ll be better if you check the rice by pressing in fingers. When rice is 70% cooked drain the excess water from rice and cool them for some time.
Cooking Dum Veg Biryani Recipe
1. Now to steam veg biryani recipe, spread oil or ghee in the bottom of handi which prevents any stickiness of rice at the bottom of handi.
2. Now spread evenly the first layer of rice at the bottom of handi.
3. After that as a second layer pour veg biryani gravy over the rice layer.
4. Also, sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves, pudina leaves on gravy.
5. Now, place the third layer of rice on this gravy.
6. Pour Kesar milk, which we made at earlier stage.
7. For traditional biryani, flavor sprinkle 1 tbsp rose water, 1 tbsp kewra water over the top of rice.
8. Additionally sprinkle chopped coriander leaves, pudina, and desi 2 to 3 tbsp ghee on top rice layer.
9. Now pour 2 cups rice stock which we separated earlier while draining rice.
10. Finally, cover the handi with foil paper or dough whatever you have and cook the egg biryani in 2-3 min high flame and 15 min in low flame. Don’t open the handi for further 20 to 30 min
Note: to avoid any burning of biryani, you can place handi over tawa after high flame.
11. When biryani is ready carefully open the lid and fluff the rice from one side with a sharp spatula and serve hot with some salad.
Veg Biryani Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the veg biryani ingredients lists including quick step by step preparation of Hyderabadi veg dum biryani shown in recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.