Kadai paneer recipe – fried paneer cooked in tomato onion capsicum gravy flavoured with kadai masala is one of the delicious paneer recipes in India. If you want to cook some delicious vegetarian dish then this restaurant style kadai paneer gravy will be your best choice to try. In this post, you will learn how to make kadai paneer gravy?
If you love vegetarian gravy dish then you must try this kadhai paneer recipe, which is not only taste very delicious but also very easy to cook at home.
This kadai paneer recipe will be the best option for your family dinner.Before preparing it do follow the below step by step instructions.
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is kadai paneer?
“Kadai” or “karahi” means “Indian wok” and “paneer” is “cottage cheese“; traditionally to prepare this recipe of Kadai paneer, in a “wok” or “Kadai” fried paneer simmered in onion-tomato-capsicum gravy flavoured with Kadai masala.
If you don’t have kadai then you simple any pan to prepare this dish.
What to serve with kadai paneer gravy?
How to store kadai paneer?
If you want to store kadai paneer gravy keep the gravy in an airtight container in a refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 days.
Before using it make sure you reheat this gravy with a dash of water, pinch of salt, then quickly fried paneer in butter, and mix it, garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
| Check below delicious vegetarian recipes
- shahi paneer
- paneer butter masala
- chilli paneer
- palak paneer
- malai kofta
- matar paneer
- dal makhani
- rajma masala
- punjabi chole
- chana masala
Tips to make restaurant style kadai paneer recipe
- Choice of Paneer : To make the best kadai paneer recipe always use fresh paneer from any popular brand, for frozen paneer make sure you soak them in warm water for 15 to 20 min before using them.
- Choice Of Tomato : As tomato puree is one of the main ingredients of kadai paneer gravy, so to avoid any tangy flavor, choose a fresh large, red, ripe one before making puree at home.
- Cooking Method : At first toss paneer in butter, then simmer in buttery tomato-onion capsicum gravy on low flame. For smoky flavour put charcoal in a bowl, keep it inside gravy, and pour ghee on top of the charcoal, when it generates smoke cove the pan for at least 4 to 5 min.
- Secret Flavor : Kadai masala is one of the main spices required in this dish to enhance flavor, make sure to use it as mentioned below.
- Richness Of Gravy : To cook just like a restaurant style kadhai paneer recipe, you can add a few tablespoons of cream at the end of the dish.
More Recipes You May Love
Kadai Paneer Recipe Video
If you want to watch the kadhai panner recipe video watch it here, otherwise read the below article with step by step instructions.
Don’t forget to Subscribe.
How to make kadai paneer gravy?
Here, the complete recipe of kadai paneer gravy is classified into three simple categories first one is preparing kadai masala,
second one is frying paneer and the last one is making kadai paneer gravy.
so, let’s make it now.
How to make kadai masala
1. At first preparing kadai masala for kadai paneer recipe, in a pan add 1 tbsp coriander seed,1 tbsp fennel seed,2 dried red chilies,1 tsp black pepper.
2. Also add 3 to 4 cloves and 3 to 4 green cardamom.
3. Now, saute all of them together for at least 3 to 4 min in medium to low flame until it gives a beautiful fragrance.
4. Next cool down this kadai masala a little bit then blend to make smooth powder, store it in an airtight container for later usage.
1. For frying paneer adds 3 tbsp butter in a pan then melt in medium to low flame.
2. Now add fresh paneer cube in it and fry them in medium to low flame until it becomes slightly golden brown from both sides.
3. After that keep this fried paneer on kitchen tissue to drain excess oil from it.
Note: While frying makes the flame is always medium to low flame.
Making kadai paneer gravy
1. Now for making kadai paneer gravy, heat 3 to 4 tbsp butter in a pan then melt it evenly on medium to low flame.
2. Then add some whole spices including 1 small bay leaf,1 tsp cumin seed,3 to 4 green cardamom,3 to 4 cloves and sauté them for 1 min in medium to low flame.
3. After that add 1 medium size chopped onion, fry them until the onion becomes translucent.
4. Next, add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,2 to 3 chopped green chilli, and sauté for some time until the raw smell completely disappears.
5. Furthermore pour tomato puree cook for 3 to 4 min on medium flame.
6. Then add some powder spices including 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder,1/8 tsp turmeric powder,1 tsp salt,1 tbsp Kadai masala,1 tsp garam masala powder
7. Now mix all the spices together and cook further 12 to 15 min until the tomato-onion puree becomes thick and starts leaving the side of the pan, then pour water.
8. Mix all the gravy together, cover the pan, let it simmer in low flame for another 10 to 15 min.
9. After that open the lid add 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
10. Also sprinkle 1 tsp crushed Kasuri methi, mix it properly.
11. Furthermore add 1 medium size layer cut onion and 1 small cube cut capsicum or bell pepper.
12. Mix them properly, let them simmer in low flame for a further 3 to 4 min.
13. Now add fried paneer cube in this gravy, gently mix them for another 2 to 3 min
14. Finally our kadai paneer recipe is completed, garnish with chopped coriander leaves, and serve hot with roti, paratha, or naan.
Kadai Paneer Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of restaurant style kadai paneer recipe including quick step by step preparation of kadai paneer recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.