Jeera rice recipe is a flavorful indian rice recipes where long grain basmati rice is cooked with ghee, cumin and other fragrant spices. This indian cumin rice recipe will not only love your family but also very easy to make at home. To cook restaurant style jeera rice recipe follow the below step by step instructions on how to make jeera rice?
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is jeera rice
Jeera rice is a popular indian rice recipes where ” jeera ” means ” cumin ” so it is also known as cumin rice.
So in this jeera rice recipe jeera along with some whole spices first tempered with butter or ghee, then fried basmati rice in it, pour some water and cook till it has done.
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
- Chicken biryani
- Veg biryani
- Curd rice
- Lemon rice
What is the side dish for jeera rice
Tips to make restaurant style jeera rice recipe
- Choice of Rice : For non-sticky and fluffy jeera rice always choose long grain aged basmati rice which is less starchy and usually does not mush up after cooking.
- Rinsing and Soaking : Rinsing helps to remove excess starch from rice and makes them non-sticky after cooking and soaking rice grain helps them to expand and fluffy.
- Spices : To enhance flavour of jeera rice first saute whole spices in butter or ghee then fry drained rice in medium high flame without stirring much.
- Cooking method : Pour water into a 1: 2.5 ratio and cook jeera rice on low flame till rice is completely done.
You May Like
How to make jeera rice
Here, the complete recipe for jeera rice preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is the preparation for cumin rice recipe,
second one is frying spices for jeera rice and last one is making jeera rice recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for cumin rice recipe
1. At first for preparing cumin rice recipe, in a mixing bowl add 200 grams of long grain basmati rice.
2. Then pour water and wash the rice thoroughly. Again pour water and soak the rice for at least 30 min.
Frying spices for jeera rice recipe
1. Now for frying spices for jeera rice heat 3 tablespoons butter in a kadai and melt it on low flame.
2. Then add 2 teaspoons cumin seed or jeera and 1 small bay leaf.
3. Also add 3 green cardamoms, 3 cloves, 2-inch cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon mace.
4. Now saute everything on medium to low flame until everything gets properly roasted and gives a beautiful aroma of spices. It takes 2 min.
5. Next sprinkle pinch of hing.
6. Finally add 12 to 14 cashew and fry on medium to low flame till the cashew becomes light golden brown.
How to prepare jeera rice
1. Now for preparing jeera rice recipe add drained basmati rice in kadai.
2. Next tossed rice with whole spices and cashew on high flame for 2 min. You can hold the end of kadai and shake it properly to make jeera rice fluffy.
Note : Don’t overuse spatula because it may break the rice.
3. After that pour 500 ml water and pinch of salt into Kadai.
4. Next cover and cook jeera rice on low flame until all water is absorbed and rice are properly cooked .
5. After that sprinkle 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
6. Also add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Jeera rice recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of jeera rice including quick step by step preparation of jeera rice recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.