Butterscotch ice cream recipe – a deliciously easy, creamy ice cream favorite among dessert lovers. Why you should buy butterscotch ice cream from market when you can easily make butterscotch ice cream at home.This homemade butterscotch ice cream recipe is not only very delicious but also very easy to make at home. In this post, you will learn how to make butterscotch ice cream?If you don’t have ice cream maker at home don’t worry, this is very easy butterscotch ice cream recipe made without any ice cream maker.
This homemade butterscotch ice cream recipe is not only very delicious but also very easy to make at home with only 4 ingredients i.e heavy cream,praline,butterscotch essence and condensed milk.
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is butterscotch ice cream?
Butterscotch ice cream is one of the popular indian ice cream recipes made of heavy fresh cream, condensed milk, butterscotch essence and crush praline.
How to serve butterscotch ice cream?
Serve scoops of butterscotch ice cream in a crispy waffles or in ice cream bowl, garnish with some crush praline on top of it.
| You can also check this
- Dalgona coffee
- Mint lemonade
- Virgin mojito
- Masala shikanji
- Cold coffee
- Mango ice cream
- Jeera water
- Vanilla ice cream
Tips to make homemade butterscotch ice cream recipe
- Chilled Cream: To get soft butterscotch ice cream use only chilled heavy fresh cream from any popular brand.
- Crush Praline: For crush praline use chopped almond,cashew first mix in caramelized sugar then cool it and crush using mortar-pestle,we don’t need any fine praline.
- Condensed Milk: In this homemade butterscotch ice cream recipe we use chilled condensed milk instead of sugar.I use heavy cream and condensed milk ratio 5:2, you can vary as per your sweetness.
- Mixing Method: While mixing ice cream using hand mixture make sure you keep the bowl in refrigerator for some time and place it on ice cubes,such that heavy cream starts thickening quickly and generate peak.
- Chilling: While making butterscotch ice cream at home to avoid any crystallization make sure you pour the butterscotch ice cream mixture in an airtight container and place in refrigerator for 3 hours then remix it with spatula and pour again in refrigerator until it set.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make butterscotch ice cream?
Here, the complete preparation of butterscotch ice cream recipe classified into two easy process first one making praline and second one preparing homemade butter scotch ice cream with easy step by step instructions provided below.
so, let’s make it now.
Making praline for butterscotch ice cream
1. At first for making butterscotch ice cream at home, chopped nuts including 10 to 12 cashews,almonds.
2. Then for making praline add 3 tbsp butter in a pan and melt it in low flame..
3. After that add 100 grams sugar.
4. Now stir occasionally and cook butter sugar mixture in low flame until sugar completely melt and caramelized with brown color syrup.
5. At this stage add chopped dried fruits.
6. Now mix the chopped nuts in caramelized sugar.
7. Next place this hot praline mixture on butter paper to cool sometime and become stiff.
8. Now using a mortar-pestle crush the praline into coarse mixture.
Making homemade butter scotch ice cream
1. Now for making homemade butter scotch ice cream recipe place a chilled glass bowl on top of ice cubes then add 500 ml chilled heavy cream in it.
2. Then using an electric hand mixture mix the cream until it thickens and generates soft peak.It takes almost 5 to 6 min in medium to high speed.
3. Now, pour 200 ml chilled condensed milk in it.
4. Gently mix it with spatula.
5. After that pour two teaspoons of indian butterscotch essence in it.
6. Now mix it with ice cream.
7. After that add some crushed praline in this butterscotch ice cream mixture.
8. Finally pour creamy butter scotch ice cream mixture in an airtight container.
9. sprinkle some crushed praline on it.
10. Now place a plastic wrap on the container mouth and sealed with lid,then keep this ice cream mixture in the refrigerator for at least 7 hour till set.
Note: You can remove the ice cream mixture from the refrigerator after 3 hours and remix it with spatula and keep it again airtight container in the refrigerator til set,in this way your homemade butterscotch ice cream will not form any crystallization..
9. Finally our homemade butter scotch ice cream recipe is completed scoop out in a bowl and garnish with cheery, serve immediately to your guest.
Butter Scotch Ice Cream Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the butterscotch ice cream ingredients including quick step by step preparation of the homemade butterscotch ice cream recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists