Egg curry recipe is one of the delicious but very simple egg gravy recipe in India. This spicy egg masala curry is usually made from fried eggs which are simmered in spicy tomato onion gravy. To cook this tasty anda curry follow below step by step instrcutions on how to make egg curry?
If you want to cook some quick delicious curry dish for dinner then this spicy egg curry recipe will be the best choice for you.
If you are looking about egg curry varieties then you can find a lot of different anda curry recipe available across india by just varying its base ingredients and cooking processes like punjabi egg curry, hyderabadi egg curry, mughlai egg curry, bengali egg curry and many more.
This is not only super delicious but also a very easy egg curry recipe even beginners can cook it easily at home and impress their guest.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is egg curry
Egg curry or anda curry is one of the popular quick indian curry dishes, where spicy fried eggs are cooked in tomato onion gravy flavoured with a few indian spices and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
What to serve with egg masala
If you are cooking egg gravy for rice then serve it with plain rice, jeera rice , ghee rice etc but if you are making egg curry for roti then serve it with plain roti, tandoori roti even you can serve it with aloo paratha , paneer paratha, garlic naan whatever you like.
| Check below indian dinner recipes
- Chicken curry
- Butter chicken
- Shahi paneer
- Paneer butter masala
- Rajma masala
- Dal makhani
- Chana masala
- Punjabi chole
- Chana dal
- Dal fry
- Bhindi masala
- Egg bhurji
How to store egg gravy
You can safely keep this egg gravy in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for at least 2 days.
Before eating this spicy egg masala curry, make sure you reheat this gravy with a dash of water, and check the taste of salt if required add them.
Then garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot this egg curry with rice, chapati whatever you like.
Tips to make egg masala curry
- Choice Of Tomato : As tomato is one of the main gravy ingredients in this egg curry recipe, so to avoid any tangy taste choose red ripe tomatoes for homemade puree. You can also use canned tomato puree.
- Fried Eggs : For crispy fried eggs after boiling, eggs make sure you gently prick them with a fork or toothpick, sprinkle salt, turmeric, kashmiri red chili powder then fried in oil.
- Cooking Method : To get delicious flavour must saute spicy tomato-onion mixture this mixture for at least 12 to 15 min before adding water.
- Richness Of Gravy: If you want to make more creamy and rich restaurant style egg curry recipe then add 3 tbsp cream or 10 to 12 cashew paste at the end of anda gravy.
You May Like
How to make egg curry
Here, the complete recipe of egg curry preparation is classified into two simple categories first one is the preparation for egg curry,
second one is making egg masala curry and the third one is cooking egg gravy recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for egg curry
1. At first for preparing egg curry, boil 5 to 6 eggs, cool them first then peel, gently prick them with a fork or toothpick all over the surface of the eggs, and place on mixing bowl additionally sprinkle a pinch of salt on them.
2. Now, sprinkle 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, and 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder for vibrant colour.
3. Then, mix all of them together.
4. Now to fry eggs pour 5 tbsp oil into a pan, and spread them evenly in medium flame.
5. Next place eggs one by one and fries them for 2 to 3 min in medium flame until it gets crisp on their body.
6. At this stage eggs are perfectly fried for anda curry, now place them on kitchen tissue to drain excess oil from them.
Making egg masala
1. Now for making egg masala , heat 5 to 6 tbsp oil in a pan, and spread it evenly on medium flame.
2. Then, add some whole spices including 2 small bay leaves, 4 green cardamoms, 4 cloves, and 1-inch cinnamon saute them together for 1 min on medium to low flame.
3. Next, add 3 medium size chopped onions and saute them some time until onions become slightly golden brown.
4. Furthermore, add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, and 2 to 3 chopped green chili cook them together for another 2 to 3 min.
5. After that, pour 5 medium sizes homemade tomato puree and cook on medium to low flame for 4 to 5 min.
6. Now, sprinkle 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder, 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1 tsp salt adjust later if required.
7. Mix all the spices together and cook this mixture for egg gravy for another 10 to 12 min until it becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
Cooking egg gravy
1. Now for cooking a spicy egg curry recipe pour water and mix all of the ingredients together.
Note : If you are preparing egg curry for chapati use comparatively less water than a normal egg curry for rice dish or simmer until extra water completely evaporates.
2. Now, cover the lid, and simmer this egg gravy on low flame for 10 to 12 min.
3. At this stage our tomato egg curry is cooked properly, check the taste of salt then add fried eggs and mix them gently with gravy.
4. Now simmer this anda curry in low flame for another 5 to 6 min.
5. Furthermore, sprinkle 3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves, and 1 tsp kasuri methi in curry, and mix them properly.
6. Finally turn off the flame, add 3 tbsp cream mix them properly in this restaurant-style egg curry.
Egg Curry Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the egg curry ingredients including quick step by step preparation of the egg curry recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.