Chicken manchurian recipe – crispy, fried chicken manchurian balls tossed in hot and spicy manchurian gravy is one of the popular chicken recipes in indo-chinese cuisine.Just like Veg manchurian and chilli chciken recipe we use this same manchurian recipe to cook both chicken manchurian dry and chicken manchurian gravy recipe.This recipe of chicken manchurian is not only tastes very delicious but also very easy to cook at home. In this post you will learn how to make chicken manchurian?
Note : if you are in a hurry , feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is chicken manchurian?
Chicken manchurian is a famous chicken dish from indo chinese cuisine where crispy fried chicken tossed in hot and spicy manchurian sauce.
- Chicken curry
- Veg fried rice
- Chicken fried rice
- Gobi manchurian
- Chilli chicken
- Papdi chaat
- Dahi vada
- Veg cutlet
- Chilli potato
- Chilli paneer
- Aloo gobi
What to serve with chicken manchurian?
For the main course chicken manchurian gravy and fried rice is the best combo dish that widely served in India, otherwise as a starter if you prefer chicken manchurian dry then go with any types of noodles you like.
Tips to make chicken manchurian recipe
- Crispness : To make your chicken manchurian balls crispy after frying then after marination deep into maida slurry and coat with breadcrumbs or cornflakes mixture before frying.
- Marination : Marination is the most important thing in this chicken manchurian recipe, it helps to get tenderize chicken and enhances flavor of the dish.
- Type of chicken : In this chicken manchurian recipe if you mincing chicken in a food processor or grinder it works well.
- Vibrant Colour : To get the vibrant colour just like restaurant style chicken manchurian recipe, we simply use good quality kashmiri red chili powder , and cornstarch slurry which is easily available at our home.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make chicken manchurian?
The complete recipe of chicken manchurian classified into three simple categories,
first one is making marination for chicken manchurian, second one is frying chicken for manchurian recipe,
the last one is preparing delicious chicken manchurian gravy.
so, let’s make it now.
Marination for chicken manchurian
1. At first, marination for chicken manchurian recipe in a bowl, add 300 grams chicken keema from breast.
2. Now, add 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste , 2 teaspoon red chili powder , 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoon oil.
3. After that add 2 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon red chili sauce.
4. Furthermore add 3 tablespoon all purpose flour and 3 tablespoon cornstarch powder.
5. For proper binding all of the ingredients add 1 egg white.
6. Finally mix everything together and set aside marination in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Frying chickens for manchurian recipe
1. Now to make crispy fried chickens make a slurry of 3 tablespoon of maida and 200 ml water. The consistency will be slightly thick.
2. Next in a separate bowl mix 5 tablespoon bread crumb or crushed cornflakes and 4 tablespoon maida.
3. Now deep manchurian ball in maida slurry then give a coat of maida and cornflakes mixture. Keep them on a plate for frying.
4. Heat oil in a pan, when oil is hot add chicken manchurian balls one by one and shallow fry in medium high flame.
5. Properly fry both sides of chicken to get perfectly crispy and golden brown chicken.
6. After that take out fried crispy chicken balls and drain excess oil in kitchen tissue.
How to make chicken manchurian gravy
1. Now to make chicken manchurian gravy heat 4 to 5 tablespoon oil in a pan then saute 1 tablespoon chopped ginger-garlic in medium flame until raw smell completely goes away.
2. Next cooked 1 medium size chopped onion and 4 chopped green chili till translucent.
3. Then saute 1 medium size cube capsicum.
4. After that pour 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar , 2 tablespoon red chili sauce.
5. Next add 1 teaspoon red chili powder , pinch of salt , 1 teaspoon sugar to balance the taste of manchurian sauce.
6. Now, pour 150 ml water , make a quick stir.
7. Then simmer the manchurian sauce in medium to high flame for 5 min.
8. To get glossiness similar to restaurant style chicken manchurian gravy we add the 2 teaspoon cornstarch and 100 ml water mixture.
9. Finally, mix fried chicken manchurian ball and gently mix in this spicy gravy for another 2 to 3 min in medium to low flame.
10. In the end, garnish this restaurant style chicken manchurian with 3 tablespoon chopped spring onions sprinkles at the top.
How to make chicken manchurian dry
- If you want to cook chicken manchurian dry recipe we first ooze out the manchurian gravy to half of its quantity.
- The recipe of manchurian gravy is same as above.
- Then add fried crispy chicken manchurian balls and gently tossed them in medium flame.
The rest of the preparation is absolutely the same as chicken manchurian gravy mentioned above.
Chicken Manchurian Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of chicken manchurian including quick step by step preparation of chicken manchurian recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.