Papdi chaat recipe – crispy papdis topped with chopped potatoes, onions, sweet curd, and garnish with chaat chutney, sprinkle with a few Indian spices, sev, and coriander leaves is one of the delicious dahi papdi chaat recipe in India. This papri chaat recipe is one of the quickest and tastiest indian streetfood. In this post, you will learn how to make papdi chaat?
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Though there are the various recipe of papdi chaat available by just varying its base ingredients, I think this is a very easy papdi chaat recipe,
if you already made all the chaat chutney, papdies, boiling potatoes, and chickpeas, then it is one of the quickest snacks, just assemble all of them and eat it.
Table of Contents
What is papdi chaat
Papdi Chaat or papri chaat is India’s most delicious chaat recipe where crispy papdis topping with potatoes, chickpeas, sweet and thick yogurt, chutneys, garnishing with a few Indian spices,sev, and chopped coriander leaves.
What to serve with papri chaat recipe
Serve this mouthwatering dahi papdi chaat recipe immediately after garnishing,sev, coriander leaves on it, otherwise, it will become soggy and lose its crispy flavour.
⇒ Check below recipes
- Aloo Chaat
- Aloo Tikki
- Bhel Puri
- Dahi Vada
- Red Sauce Pasta
- Veg Cutlet
- White sauce pasta
- French fry
- Veg burger
- Chicken burger
Tips to make dahi papdi chaat recipe
- Crispy Papdi: For homemade crispy papdi, prick the rounded puri all over the body with a fork or toothpick, then fry only medium-high flame, this small hole will help the puri not grow a big rounded shape.
- Use of Chutneys: To make street style papri chaat recipe you have to use 2 delicious chaat chutney, sweet tamarind chutney, and green chutney to enhance the flavour. You can safely pre-make this chutney 3 to 4 days earlier, which helps to reduce cooking time.
- Secret Flavour : 3 most important spice powders you have to use to enhance the flavour of this dahi papdi chaat recipe are chaat masala powder, roasted cumin powder, and red chili powder.
- Yoghurt: For this dahi papdi chaat recipe you have to use sweet yogurt, make sure you beat it by adding a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of sugar before using it.
You May Like
How to make papdi chaat
Here, the complete recipe of papdi chaat preparation is classified into four simple categories first one is the preparation for papri chaat,
the second one is making sweet tamarind chutney for papdi chaat, the third one is preparing green chutney for papdi chaat,
the fourth one is preparing homemade papdi recipe and the last one is making dahi papdi chaat recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for papri chaat
1. At first, for preparing papri chaat recipe, boil 4 to 5 medium size potatoes.
2. Cool them a little bit, then peel and chopped them.
3. Also, boil 100 grams of soaked chickpeas in a pressure cooker for up to 8 to 10 whistles by adding a pinch of salt and baking soda.
4. Also chopped 2 medium size onions, and 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, and beat 200 grams of sweet yoghurt by adding a pinch of salt and sugar in it.
5. Also set aside 50 grams bhujia for later usage.
Tamarind chutney for papdi chaat
1. Now for making sweet tamarind chutney for papdi chaat, pour 60 grams of tamarind, and a dash of warm water, then gently squeeze each tamarind and de-seeded them.
Note: To get a smooth mixture you can sieve it.
2. Next in a pan pour tamarind mixture,100 ml water, and 100 grams jaggery, also sprinkle a pinch of salt,1 tsp red chili powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp cumin powder
3. Finally, mix them properly and let them simmer for 4 to 5 min on medium to low flame until it becomes thick.
Note: You can check the taste of tamarind chutney if required add more jaggery and simmer for some time, then transfer this sweet tamarind chutney to an airtight container for later use.
Green chutney for papdi chaat
1. Now, for preparing green chutney for papdi chaat recipe in a blender add 200 grams of coriander leaves,50 grams of pudina leaves,2 to 3 chopped green chili, 1 tbsp of chopped ginger-garlic,3 tbsp chopped onions if want to use.
2. Next sprinkle 1 tsp of cumin seed, 1/2 tsp amchur powder(dry mango powder), a pinch of salt, and dash of water
3. After that blend everything together and set aside this green chutney for later usage.
How to make papdi
1. Now for making the homemade papdi recipe in a large mixing bowl add 250 to 300 grams of maida or all-purpose flour. semolina or sooji, a teaspoon of salt, 1 tsp kalonji, and baking soda with it.
2. Next do a quick mix of everything with spoons.
3. After that, pour water in intervals and knead the dough until you get a non-sticky soft dough.
4. Then, cover this dough with wet cloths and rest it for some time.
5. Furthermore, cut the dough into equally small pieces, using a rolling pin to make a round shape just like chapati, for papdi, prick the dough with a fork or toothpick.
6. Next, using a round cutter cut into a circular shape from that rounded shape.
7. Now pour oil into Kadai and fry these papri one by one on medium-high flame until it becomes crispy and golden brown on both sides.
8. Take them out immediately and place them on kitchen tissue to drain excess oil from it.
Making dahi papdi chaat
1. Now for making dahi papdi chaat recipe immediately place these papris on the serving plate, and add chopped potatoes, and onions on top of them.
2. Next, add boiled chickpeas which we made earlier.
3. Also pour curd, and sprinkle chaat chutneys including sweet tamarind chutney, and green chutney on top of papri chaat. Don’t forget to sprinkle chaat masala powder, roasted cumin powder, and red chili powder.
4. Finally garnish with sev and chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately this delicious papri chaat as your evening snack
Papdi chaat recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the dahi papdi chaat ingredients including quick step by step preparation of dahi papdi chaat recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.