Papdi Chaat Recipe-crispy papdi topped with chopped potatoes, onions, sweet curd, and garnish with chaat chutney, sprinkle with a few Indian spices, sev, and coriander leaves is one of the delicious dahi papdi chaat recipe in India. This papri chaat recipe is one of the quickest and tastiest indian streetfood.In this post, you will learn how to make papdi chaat at home?Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Though there are various recipe of papdi chaat available by just varying its base ingredients,i think this is very easy papdi chaat recipe,
if you already made all the chaat chutney, papdies, boiling potatoes, and chickpeas, then it is one of the quickest snacks,just assemble all of them and eat it.
More Recipes You May Love
What is papdi chaat?
Papdi Chaat or papri chaat is India’s most delicious chaat recipe where crispy papdis topping with potatoes, chickpeas, sweet and thick yogurt, chutneys, garnishing with a few Indian spices,sev, and chopped coriander leaves.
What to serve with papri chaat recipe?
Serve this mouthwatering papri chaat immediately after garnishing,sev, coriander leaves on it, otherwise, it will become soggy and lose its crispy flavor.
Tips To Make Best Papdi Chaat Recipe
- Crispy Papdi: For homemade crispy papdi, prick the rounded puri all over the body with a fork or toothpick, then fry only medium-high flame, this small hole will help the puri not grow a big rounded shape.
- Use of Chutneys: To make street style papri chaat you have to use 2 delicious chaat chutney, sweet tamarind chutney, and green chutney to enhances the flavor. You can safely pre-make this chutney 3 to 4 days earlier, which helps to reduce cooking time.
- Secret Flavour: 3 most important spice powder you have to use to enhances the flavor of this dahi papdi chaat, chaat masala powder, roasted cumin powder, and red chili powder.
- Yogurt: For this dahi papdi chaat recipe you have to use sweet yogurt, make sure you beat it by adding a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of sugar before using it.
Recipe of papdi chaat step by step with photo?
Here, the complete recipe of papdi chaat preparation classified into four simple categories first one is preparation for papri chaat,
the second one is making sweet tamarind chutney for papdi chaat, third one is preparing green chutney for papdi chaat,
the fourth one is preparing homemade papdi recipe and the last one is making papdi chaat recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation For Papri Chaat
1.At first, for preparing papri chaat, boil 4 to 5 medium size potatoes.
2. Cool them a little bit, then peel and chopped them.
3. Also, boil 100 grams of soaked chickpeas in a pressure cooker up to 8 to 10 whistles by adding a pinch of salt and baking soda.
4. Also chopped 2 medium size onions,3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, and beat 200 grams of sweet yogurt by adding a pinch of salt and sugar in it.
5.Also set aside 50 grams bhujia for later usage.
Tamarind Chutney For Papdi Chaat
1.Now for making sweet tamarind chutney for papdi chaat recipe, pour 60 grams tamarind, dash of warm water, then gently squeeze each tamarind and deseeded them.
Note: To get a smooth mixture you can sieve it.
2. Next in a pan pour tamarind mixture,100 ml water,100 grams jaggery, also sprinkle a pinch of salt,1 tsp red chili powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp cumin powder
3.Finally, mix them properly and let it simmer for 4 to 5 min in medium to low flame until it becomes thick.
Note: You can check the taste of tamarind chutney if required add more jaggery and simmer for some time, then transfer this sweet tamarind chutney in an airtight container for later use.
Green Chutney For Papdi Chaat
1. Now, for preparing green chutney for papdi chaat recipe in a blender add 200 grams coriander leaves,50 grams pudina leaves,2 to 3 chopped green chili, 1 tbsp of chopped ginger-garlic,3 tbsp chopped onions if want to use.
2.Next sprinkle 1 tsp of cumin seed, 1/2 tsp amchur powder(dry mango powder), pinch of salt, and dash of water
3. After that blend everything together and set aside this green chutney for later usage.
Making Homemade Papdi Recipe
1. Now for making homemade papdi recipe in a large mixing bowl add 250 to 300 grams maida or all-purpose flour. semolina or sooji, a teaspoon of salt, 1 tsp kalonji, and baking soda with it.
2. Next do a quick mix of everything with spoons.
3. After that, pour water in intervals and knead the dough until you get a non-sticky soft dough.
4.Then, cover this dough with wet cloths and rest it for some time.
5.Furthermore, cut the dough into equal small pieces, using a rolling pin make a round shape just like chapati, for papdi, prick the dough with a fork or toothpick.
6.Next, using a round cutter cut into a circular shape from that rounded shape.
7.Now pour oil in Kadai and fry this papri one by one in the medium-high flame until it becomes crispy and golden brown from both sides.
8.Take them out immediately and place them on kitchen tissue to drain excess oil from it.
Making Papdi Chaat Recipe
1. Now for making papdi chaat immediately place these papris on the serving plate, add chopped potatoes, onions on top of them.
2.Next, add boiled chickpeas which we made earlier.
3.Also pour curd, sprinkle chaat chutneys including sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney on top of chaat also sprinkle chaat masala powder, roasted cumin powder, and red chili powder.
4. Finally garnish with sev and chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately this delicious papdi chaat recipe as your evening snacks
Paapdi Chaat Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the crispy papdi chaat ingredients including quick step by step preparation of papdi chaat recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.