This aloo gobi recipe is very delicious, full of flavor yet one of the best aloo gobi you will ever eat from indian cuisine. We made aloo gobhi ki sabji with parboiled potatoes , cauliflower which are cooked with tomato , onion and a few aromatic spices.Though this is an aloo gobi dry recipe for simple dish at our home but you can also make gravy dish by simply adding a few ingredients.Follow below step by step instructions on how to make aloo gobi recipe?
Are you in hurry to cook easy but delicious meal for breakfast? don’t worry just give a try of this aloo gobhi ki sabji which not only tastes very time efficient recipe for your busy morning schedule.
In this aloo gobi recipe i parboil potatoes and cauliflower for some time such that cooking process becomes faster,cauliflower will remain tender and crunchy but not soggy.
In spite of parboil you can also saute potatoes and cauliflower in oil for sometime.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is aloo gobi masala?
Aloo gobi masala is a tasty indian vegetarian dish where ” Aloo ” is a hindi word it means ” Potato “, similarly “ gobi ” means ” Cauliflower “.
That means cauliflower and potatoes cooked in aromatic tomato onion mixture.
Though you can cook two most popular aloo gobi recipes first one is gravy version known as aloo gobi curry and second one is a dry version of aloo gobi also known as all gobi sabji.
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry ,
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
What to serve with aloo gobi dry?
Serve this aloo gobi dry with some plain rice or jeera rice even rotis, paratha goes well.
Tips to make best aloo gobhi ki sabji
- Parboil veggies : To maintain tender but crunchy cauliflower in this aloo gobi recipe,always parboil cauliflower in pressure cooker without whistle for 3 to 4 min in medium flame.Besides also parboil potatoes.
- Choice of tomatoes : If you want to use tomatoes in your aloo gobhi ki sabji, try to choose medium size ripe one, chop and de seed them before using.
- Spices : To enhances flavor in your aloo gobi dry recipe don’t forget to use kasuri methi and a handful of coriander leaves at the end of making dish.
- Cooking method : Try to cook in medium to low flame other wise gobi will burn easily.If spices get sticks at the bottom of pan then you can sprinkle some water don’t add too much, we don’t need curry here.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make aloo gobi?
Here, the complete recipe of aloo gobi preparation classified into three simple categories first one is basic preparation for aloo gobi recipe,
second one is making base for aloo gobi dry and the last one is cooking aloo gobhi ki sabji.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for aloo gobi recipe
1. The first step of cooking aloo gobi recipe par boiled quarter size potatoes in pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whiste in medium flame and cauliflowers without whistle in 4 min.
2. Also chopped 1 large size onions , 2 medium size chopped tomatoes , 1 tbsp ginger garlic , and 2 chopped green chili.
Making base for aloo gobi dry
1. Now for cooking dry aloo gobhi ki sabji heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan then sprinkle 1 teaspoon cumin seed , saute them till splutter.
2. Next add 3 chopped green chili and 1 tablespoon chopped ginger garlic then saute them for 1 min.
3. After that add 1 large size chopped onion.
4. Saute the onions in medium to low flame till translucent and slightly golden brown , it takes approximately 4 to 5 min.
5. Now add 2 medium size chopped tomatoes .
6. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt to cook tomatoes properly.
7. Saute these tomato-onion mixture for another 8 to 9 min till tomatoes become mushy and cooked properly.
Cooking aloo gobhi ki sabji
1. Now for making aromatic aloo gobhi ki sabji add parboil cauliflower in this pan which we made earlier.
2. Then stir fry the mixture for another 4 to 5 min.
3. Also add parboil potatoes and stir fry in the mixture for another 3 to 4 min.
4. At this stage add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder,3/4 teaspoon coriander powder,1 teaspoon garam masala powder,1 teaspoon red chili powder.
5. Now mix all the spices with this aloo gobi sabji then cover the pan with a lid and cook this aloo gobi sabji for another 10 to 15 min until potatoes are soft and cauliflower are crunchy.
6. For additional flavor don’t forget to sprinkle salt to taste , and 1 tablespoon kasuri methi and 3 tablespoons of coriander leaves
7. Mix all of them together for another 2 to 3 min in medium flame.
Aloo gobi recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of aloo gobhi ki sabji including quick step by step preparation of aloo gobi recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.