Gobi manchurian recipe – crispy, fried gobi florets simmered in spicy, delicious manchurian sauce, is one of the popular manchurian recipes in Indo-Chinese cuisine. This sweet and sour gobi manchurian dry recipe popularly known as cauliflower manchurian recipe, is very easy to cook at home. In this post, you will learn how to make gobi manchurian?
This gobi manchurian recipe has two popular variants one gobi manchurian gravy and the second one is gobi manchurian dry recipe. Though both of these manchurian recipe is almost the same and can be made easily at home.
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is gobi manchurian
Gobi manchurian recipe is a popular Indo-Chinese dish where ” gobi ” means ” cauliflower florets” which are first marinated with cornflour and spices then fried in oil and finally tossed in sweet and sour manchurian sauce.
What to serve with gobi manchurian
If you are making a dry gobi manchurian recipe then it goes well as an appetizer, or if you are making gobi manchurian gravy serve it as a side dish with the main course of fried rice and noodles.
| If you love indo chinese recipes you can also try this :
- Veg manchurian
- Chicken manchurian
- Chilli paneer
- Chilli chicken
- Manchow soup
- Veg ried rice
- Chicken fried rice
- Chilli potato
- Aloo gobi
- Aloo matar
Tips to make crispy cauliflower manchurian recipe
- Crispness: To get the perfect crispy cauliflower manchurian recipe marinade gobi with breadcrumbs or cornflakes as described below.
- Perfect Temperature: To get perfectly crispy gobi manchurian fry gobi in medium flame. If you fry in high flame leads to burn gobi from outside and uncooked inside similarly low flame doesn’t get crisp on gobi.
- Vibrant Colour: To get vibrant colour similarly restaurant style gobi manchurian recipe, without using any fancy food colour, simply add good quality kashmiri red chili powder which is available in your pantry.
You can also check our recipe collections:
You May Like
How to make gobi manchurian
The complete recipe of gobi manchurian is classified into three simple categories,
first one is the preparation of gobi manchurian recipe, second one is frying cauliflower,
the last one is making gobi manchurian gravy.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for cauliflower manchurian recipe
1. At first for the basic preparation for cauliflower manchurian recipe marinate cauliflower or gobi floret, in a deep pan pour water.
2. Now, add 2 tsp salt, and vinegar and let the water boil.
3. Mix small pieces of cauliflower in this hot water.
4. cover the pan and boil the gobi for at least 2 to 3 min in medium to high flame.
5. After that, turn off the gas.
6. Drain the boiled cauliflower on a clean cotton towel.
7. Now for marinating cauliflower, in a bowl add 3 tbsp cornflour, and 3 tbsp maida.
8. Also add 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder.
9. Add 1 tsp salt.
10. Now mix everything.
11. Now, add boiled cauliflower to the bowl.
12. Without adding any water mix cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients.
13. To make the crispy cauliflower manchurian recipe add 2 to 3 tbsp bread crumbs or cornflakes.
How to make crispy gobi manchurian
1. Now to make the crispy gobi manchurian recipe pour 50 to 100 ml oil into a deep bottom pan.
2. Now add marinated cauliflower to this pan and fry in medium flame for 2 to 3 min.
3. Then flip each piece and cook both sides.
4. When both sides of cauliflower become golden brown turn off the gas.
5. Now, take out fried cauliflower from the pan and drain the excess oil in kitchen tissue.
How to prepare gobi manchurian gravy recipe
1. Now for preparing cauliflower manchurian gravy heat 4 to 5 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Then add 1 tbsp chopped ginger garlic, and saute the ginger-garlic on medium flame until the raw smell disappears.
3. Add 3 tbsp spring onions and 2 to 3 chopped green chilli and cook in medium flame until it becomes translucent,
4. Pour 3 to 4 tbsp red chilli sauce.
5. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce.
6. Also add 1 tbsp vinegar and mix everything for 2 to 3 min in medium flame.
7. To balance out the taste of manchurian gravy add 1 tbsp sugar.
8.1 tsp salt adjust later if required.
9. For vibrant colours like restaurant style gobi manchurian recipe, add 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder.
10. Finally add fried cauliflower to this sweet and sour manchurian sauce.
11. Now, gently mix in this sauce for another 1 to 2 min on medium flame.
12. At the end, garnish the cauliflower manchurian with some chopped spring onions at the top.
Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients for cauliflower manchurian recipe including the quick step-by-step preparation of gobi manchurian recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.