Gobi manchurian recipe – crispy, fried gobi florets simmered in spicy, delicious manchurian sauce, is one of the popular manchurian recipes in Indo-Chinese cuisine. This sweet and sour gobi manchurian dry recipe popularly known as cauliflower manchurian recipe , very easy to cook at home. In this post, you will learn how to make gobi manchurian?
This gobi manchurian recipe has two popular variants one gobi manchurian gravy and second one is gobi manchurian dry recipe. Though both of this manchurian recipe is almost same and can be made easily at home.
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is gobi manchurian ?
Gobi manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish where ” gobi ” means ” cauliflower florets” which are first marinated with cornflour and spices then fried in oil and finally tossed in sweet and sour manchurian sauce.
What to serve with gobi manchurian?
If you are making dry gobi manchurian recipe then it goes well as an appetizer , or if you are making gobi manchurian gravy serve it as a side dish with a main course of fried rice and noodles.
If you love indo chinese recipes you can also try this :
Tips to make crispy cauliflower manchurian recipe
- Crispness : To get perfect crispy cauliflower manchurian marinade gobi with breadcrumbs or cornflakes as described below.
- Perfect Temperature : To get perfectly crispy gobi manchurian fry gobis in medium flame. If you fry in high flame leads to burn gobi from outside and uncooked inside similarly low flame doesn’t get crisp on gobi.
- Vibrant Colour : To get vibrant color similarly restaurant style gobi manchurian recipe, without using any fancy food colour, simply add good quality kashmiri red chili powder which is available at your pantry.
You can also check our recipe collections:
More Recipes You May Love
How to make gobi manchurian?
The complete recipe of gobi manchurian classified into three simple categories,
first one is the preparation of gobi manchurian, second one is frying cauliflower,
the last one is making gobi manchurian gravy.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for cauliflower manchurian recipe
1. At first for the basic preparation for cauliflower manchurian recipe marinating cauliflower or gobi floret, in a deep pan pour water.
2. Now, add 2 tsp salt, vinegar and let the water boil.
3. Mix small pieces of cauliflowers in this hot water.
4. cover the pan and boil the gobi for at least 2 to 3 min in medium to high flame.
5. After that, turn off the gas.
6. Drain the boiled cauliflower in a clean cotton towel.
7. Now for marinating cauliflower, in a bowl add 3 tbsp cornflour,3 tbsp maida.
8. Also add 1/2 tsp black pepper,1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder.
9. Add 1 tsp salt.
10. Now mix everything.
11.Now, add boiled cauliflower to the bowl.
12.Without adding any water mix cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients.
13.To make crispy cauliflower manchurian add 2 to 3 tbsp bread crumbs or cornflakes.
How to make crispy gobi manchurian
1. Now to make crispy gobi manchurian recipe pour 50 to 100 ml oil in a deep bottom pan.
2. Now add marinated cauliflower to this pan and fry in medium flame for 2 to 3 min.
3. Then flip each piece and cook both sides.
4. When both sides of cauliflower become a golden brown turn off the gas.
5. Now, take out fried cauliflower from the pan and drain the excess oil in kitchen tissue.
How to prepare gobi manchurian gravy recipe
1. Now for preparing cauliflower manchurian gravy heat 4 to 5 tbsp oil in a pan.
2.Then add 1 tbsp chopped ginger garlic, saute the ginger-garlic in medium flame until the raw smell disappears.
3.Add 3 tbsp spring onions 2 to 3 chopped green chilli and cook in medium flame until it becomes translucent,
4.Pour 3 to 4 tbsp red chilli sauce.
5.Add 1 tbsp soy sauce.
6.Also add 1 tbsp vinegar and mix everything for 2 to 3 min in medium flame.
7.To balance out the taste of manchurian sauce add 1 tbsp sugar.
8.1 tsp salt adjust later if required.
9.For vibrant colour like restaurant style gobi manchurian recipe, add 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder.
10.Finally add fried cauliflower in this sweet and sour manchurian sauce.
11.Now, gently mix in this sauce for another 1 to 2 min in medium flame.
12.At the end, garnish the cauliflower manchurian with some chopped spring onions at the top.
Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients for cauliflower manchurian recipe including quick step-by-step preparation of gobi manchurian recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient list.