Aloo tikki recipe – the most delicious and crispy Indian snack recipe made of boiled potatoes, a few Indian spices, and fresh coriander leaves. This crispy aloo tikki recipe also popularly known as potato patties. In this post, you will learn how to make aloo tikki?
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Though there is the various recipe of aloo tikki available those who like stuffed aloo tikki usually made stuffing of scrambled panner, mashed green peas, cheese, ketchup, and cooked chickpeas.
If you don’t like any stuffing, you can still make delicious aloo tikki without using any stuffing. It is totally optional.
This is aloo tikki recipe is very delicious and easy to cook at home it will be your best tea time snack.
Table of Contents
What is aloo tikki?
” Aloo Tikki ” a popular Hindi term for Indian snack recipes which is meant “Potato Patties“.
Aloo Tikki is nothing but a mixture of boiled potatoes, spices, and herbs which are the first mix, create flat shape then fried.
What to serve with aloo tikki ?
This crispy aloo tikki recipe will taste better if you serve green chutney, tamarind chutney, or tomato ketchup along with it.
Note: You can also use this same aloo tikki recipe to prepare aloo tikki chaat and aloo tikki burger.
How to store aloo tikki ?
After filling and shaping aloo tikki, you can safely store it in a freezer by a zip lock bag and airtight container.
Before using this frozen aloo tikki make sure you thaw them first then dust some cornflour or chawal powder over it, then fry them as mentioned above.
⇒ You can also check below recipes :
- Aloo Chaat,
- Kachori recipe
- Bhel Puri,
- Dahi Vada,
- Chicken 65,
- Chicken Pakora
- Dahi puri
- Veg cutlet
- Papdi chaat
How to make aloo tikki chaat recipe?
For preparing crispy aloo tikki for chaat you can follow this quick recipe.
But for making chutney especially tamarind and green chutney and thick yoghurt you can follow in the Dahi vada recipe section.
Now for assembling aloo tikki chaat first place this crispy aloo tikki on the serving plate then pour yoghurt, tamarind chutney, green chutney on top of it.
Finally sprinkle some Indian spices including 1 tbsp red chili powder,1 tbsp of cumin powder,1/2 tsp of amchur powder,1/2 tsp black salt,1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Tips to make crispy aloo tikki recipe
- Crispiness : To make crispy aloo tikki just use coarsely blend rice powder instead of breadcrumb that not only keeps tikki in shape but also makes your tikki crispier than breadcrumb.
- Cooking Method : Shallow fry this aloo tikki in a medium flame which helps you to make perfect crispy aloo tikki recipe at home . Don’t need double frying here.
- Stuffing Ingredients : If you want stuffed aloo tikki then you can use tomato ketchup, cheese, paneer, mashed green peas or spicy boiled chana dal as filling.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make aloo tikki?
Here, the complete recipe for aloo tikki preparation classified into three simple categories first one is making dough for aloo tikki,
second one is filling and shaping aloo tikki and the last one is making crispy aloo tikki recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Making potato mixture for aloo tikki
1. At first for making potato mixture for aloo tikki boil potatoes in a pressure cooker up to 5 to 6 whistles.
2. Now, cool the potatoes for some time and peel and mash them using a masher or by hand.
3. After that sprinkle 1 tsp white salt on it.
4. Add 1 tsp black salt.
5. Now sprinkle some spices including 1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp red chili powder, and 1/2 tsp amchur powder on potatoes.
6. Next add 1 tbsp chopped green chili, 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes.
7. After that add 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves.
8.Also add 2 tsp lemon juice to it.
9. Now to make crispy aloo tikki I add 5 to 6 tbsp coarsely blend rice powder or chawal powder and 3 to 4 tbsp cornflour.
10.Next, mix everything with mashed potatoes and knead thoroughly just like dough of whole wheat flour.
Filling & shaping aloo tikki
1. Now for filling alu tikki take oil in your palm and pick a small amount of aloo dough.
2.Then make a circular shape just like ladoo also create a small hole in it and pour a half tablespoon of tomato ketchup.
Note: If you are using any filling just like mashed green peas, scrambled panner, or cheese you can add it now.
3. Next cover the opening mouth with another layer of dough, seal every side properly, make sure there is no opening portion in your aloo tikki.
4. To give the proper shape you can just roll this aloo tikki on your table.
Making crispy aloo tikki recipe
1. Now for cooking crispy aloo tikki recipe, heat 250 ml oil in a pan.
2. When oil is hot enough gently fry aloo tikki one by one and fry them in medium flame.
3. After some time one side of aloo tiki becomes slightly golden brown, then turn them on the other side and fry that side also.
4. After sometime when both sides become golden brown, turn off the gas.
5. Take them out immediately from the pan and place on in kitchen tissue to drain excess oil and serve hot this crispy aloo tikki with masala chai as your combo evening snacks.
Aloo Tikki Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the aloo ki tikki ingredients including the quick step by step preparation of crispy aloo tikki recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.