Dahi puri recipe – crispy puri stuffed with potatoes, onions, curd, chutneys, and garnish with a few Indian spices,sev, and coriander leaves is one of the delicious sweet chaat recipes in India. This dahi puri recipe popularly know as dahi batata puri recipe in Mumbai. In this post, you will learn how to make dahi puri?
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Though there are the various recipe of dahi puri chaat available by just varying some ingredients, this is a very easy dahi puri recipe, this homemade recipe will give strong competition to any street food if you properly use all of the ingredients as mentioned below and serve them immediately after preparing puri.
Table of Contents
What is dahi puri?
Dahi Puri popularly known as ” Dahi Batata Puri ” in Mumbai where dahi means curd or yogurt, batata means aloo or potato, and puri which are rounded crispy snacks usually made for Pani Puriit is then assembled with, sweet curd, chopped onions, chaat chutneys and garnish with chopped coriander leaves,sev, and a few Indian spices.
What to serve with dahi batata puri recipe?
Serve this sweet and sour dahi batata puri chaat immediately after topping with curd, chutney, spices, and sev, otherwise, it will become soggy quickly and lose its flavor.
⇒ You can also check below recipes :
More Recipes You May Love
Tips to make dahi puri recipe
- Crispy Puri : To make crispy rounded puri knead the dough properly as mentioned and fry it in medium-high flame, additionally splash hot oil on puri which helps them to grow a big rounded shape.
- Use of Chutneys : To get the best result just like street style dahi puri chaat you must use 3 delicious dahi puri chutney including hot and spicy red chutney, sweet and sour tamarind chutney, and green chutney to enhances the flavor.
- Secret Flavor : To get the best flavor from your dahi batata puri you must use roasted cumin powder, chaat masala powder, and red chili powder.
- Choice Of Curd : For this dahi puri recipe you have to use sweet yogurt just beat it by adding a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of sugar before using it.
How to make dahi puri?
Here, the complete dahi puri preparation classified into four simple categories first one is preparation for dahi batata puri,
the second one is making sweet tamarind chutney, the third one is making spicy red chutney , the fourth one is making spicy green chutney and the last one is making dahi puri recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for dahi puri recipe
1. At first, for making dahi puri recipe, boil 3 to 4 medium size potatoes, cool, and peel them.
2. Now chopped them into small pieces also chopped 2 medium-size onions into small pieces.
Sweet tamarind chutney for dahi puri
1. Now for preparing sweet tamarind chutney for dahi puri add 60 grams tamarind in a bowl add some warm water and gently squeeze each tamarind skin and de seeded them.
2. Then sieve this mixture and pour in a pan along with 100 ml water,100 grams jaggery, and salt to taste.
3. Also sprinkle 1 tsp red chili powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp cumin powder in it and let it simmer for 3 to 4 min until it becomes slightly thick.
4. Finally check the taste of tamarind chutney if required add more jaggery and simmer for some time, then transfer this sweet chutney for dahi puri in a small bowl for future use.
Spicy red chutney for dahi puri
1. Before preparing red chutney for dahi puri soaked 8 to 10 dried red chili in warm water.
2. Next, add the red chili in a blender, along with 4 to 5 garlic,1 tbsp sugar.
3. Also sprinkle,1/2 tsp black salt,1/2 tsp white salt and add 50 ml water then blend them together.
4.Finally set aside this spicy red chutney for dahi puri for future usage.
Green chutney for dahi puri
1. Now, for making green chutney for dahi puri, in a blender add 50 grams pudina leaves, 200 grams fresh coriander leaves,3 chopped green chili, and 3 to 4 tbsp chopped onions if want to use.
2. Then, add 1 tbsp of chopped ginger-garlic,1/2 tsp amchur powder,1 tsp of cumin powder, a pinch of salt, and a dash of water to blend everything together.
3. Next set aside this green chutney for later usage.
Making Crispy Puri
1. Now for making crispy puri for street style dahi batata puri recipe , pour 300 to 350 grams maida or all-purpose flour 100 grams suji,1 tsp black gram,1 tsp salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Also sprinkle 1 tsp baking soda.
3. Next do a quick mix of everything then add water in intervals and knead the dough until you get a non-sticky soft dough.
4. At this stage rest the dough for 30 min.
5. After that using a rolling pin makes a round shape just like chapati and cut the dough into circular shape using a round cutter.
6. Make sure puri should be this thickness,here is the look of puri size.
7. Now heat oil in Kadai and fry this puri one by one in the medium-high flame until it becomes crispy and golden brown from both sides.
Assembling dahi batata puri recipe
1. Now for assembling dahi batata puri recipe, immediately make a hole on top of these puris and place them on a serving plate pour chopped potatoes, 1 tbsp spicy green chutney in it.
2. Also add 1 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney,1 tbsp spicy red chutney,2 tbsp chopped onions in it.
3. Furthermore add 1 tsp chaat masala powder,1 tsp cumin powder, and 1 tsp red chili powder.
4. Now add sweet curd or dahi to it.
5.Finally our dahi puri recipe is completed you can garnish with fresh coriander leaves and sev from top and seve immediately as your evening snack.
Dahi Puri Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of dahi batatta puri including quick step by step preparation of dahi puri recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.