Veg sandwich recipe is one of the simplest but delicious dish which you can easily prepare for breakfast as well as evening snacks. This vegetable sandwich is made with a lot of fresh veggies, coriander chutney and mayonnaise. To cook this delicious veggie sandwich at home follow the below step by step instructions on how to make veg sandwich?
Though there are various ways you can prepare sandwich recipes either using a lot of cheese sauces etc. But if you are looking for a quick yet delicious sandwich recipes then this veg sandwich recipe is the best option for you.
To cook sandwich at home follow below tips and tricks and step by step instructions.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is sandwich
Sandwich is a popular dish usually made from toasted bread filled with vegetables or chicken stuffing, cheese, mayonnaise or sauce.
People usually cook sandwich recipe for brunch, evening snacks or light dinners.
There 5 most popular sandwich recipe you can make at home vegetable sandwich, veg mayo sandwich, chicken sandwich, potato sandwich and bombay sandwich.
What is veg sandwich
Veg sandwich is a type of sandwich recipe where hot and spicy cooked veggies are stuffed inside a toasted bread along with mayonnaise, scrambled paneer or cheddar cheese.
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry ,
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
What to serve with vegetable sandwich
After assembling you should serve vegetable sandwich immediately with soup, salads or indian hot masala chai.
Tips to make veg sandwich recipe
- Type of bread : To cook best sandwich recipe you can use any type of bread of your choice from plain white breads to multigrain bread, whole wheat bread etc. Make sure to toast the bread with butter before assembling sandwich.
- Spices & Sauce : I want traditional flavour in my vegetable sandwich recipe so i add pav bhaji masala it gets street style flavor, you can add chaat masala or garam masala.I use coriander chutney in my sandwich.
- Vegetables : You can use thinly sliced veggies including carrots, capsicum, cabbages and chopped french beans while cooking veg sandwich recipe.If you want you can add grated paneer, mashed potatoes, sweet corn.
- Cooking Method : Traditionally bread for sandwich recipes are toasted in an oven or griller but for our homemade sandwich recipe we use grilled pan, where buttery bread is toasted in medium flame to get perfect grilled line on sandwich.
- Add on : If you want you can add mozzarella or cheddar cheese or even scrambled paneer in your veggie sandwich.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make veg sandwich
Here, the complete recipe of sandwich preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is cook stuffing for vegetable sandwich,
second one is toast bread and last one assembling veg sandwich recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
1. Now for cooking stuffing for vegetable sandwich heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and spread it evenly on pan.
2. Then add 1 teaspoon cumin seed and saute in medium flame for some time.
3. After that add 1 medium size chopped onions and cook them till translucent.
4. Next add 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
5. Furthermore add 3 chopped green chili and mix properly.
6. Now pour 2 medium sizes of tomato puree and cook 10 min in medium flame till the raw smell of the tomatoes goes away completely.
7. Finally add veggies, like 1 medium size thinly sliced capsicum, 50 grams chopped cabbage and 1 medium size grated carrots, and saute them in medium high flame for 5 min.
8. Finally sprinkle 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala and a pinch of salt.
9. Mix them together.
Toast bread for sandwich recipe
1. At first to toast bread for the sandwich recipe cut whole grain bread or normal brad diagonally into two equal halves. Then apply butter to both the bread slices.
2. Now heat a grill pan on medium flame and place the sandwich with the butter side down. Cook for 2 mins or until crispy and golden brown.
Note : you can press the top sides of the sandwich with a flat spatula or large plate to get properly grilled of bread.
3. Apply some butter to the other side and flip to cook the sandwich until golden brown and crispy from both sides.
Making veg sandwich
1. Now for assembling veggie sandwich first place the toasted bread on a plate.
2. Then apply coriander chutney on the bread, make sure don’t add too much because the bread will become soggy.
3. After that add vegetable stuffing, freshly chopped coriander leaves and 1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala.
4. Now apply mayonnaise to the other part of the bread.
5. Then place that part on toasted bread and gently press from top. Our vegetable sandwich recipe is completed, serve it hot immediately.
Veg sandwich recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the vegetable sandwich ingredients including quick step by step preparation of veg sandwich recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.