Hot and sour soup recipe is one of the popular soup recipes across India where boiled shredded chicken cooked with chopped vegetables and simmered in water with some spicy sauce, salt black pepper. This is a very tasty and quick chicken hot and sour soup recipe that can easily be prepared by anyone. To prepare the best hot n sour soup follow below step by step instructions on how to make hot and sour soup?
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is hot n sour soup
Hot n Sour soup is made of boiled shredded chicken cooked with chopped fresh veggies including cabbage, capsicum, carrot, french beans,ginger-garlic, a pinch of salt, black pepper, and red chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and to increase consistency cornstarch water mixture.
What to serve with hot and sour soup
| You can also check more delicious recipes
- veg soup
- chicken soup
- manchow soup
- butter chicken
- chilli chicken
- aloo chaat
- dahi puri
- veg cutlet
- papdi chaat
- french fries
- chilli potato
Chicken hot and sour soup recipe video
If you want to watch the hot and sour soup recipe video, watch it here⇓
You May Like
How to make hot and sour soup
Here is the detailed recipe of hot n sour soup classified with step by step photo. The first one is the preparation of chicken hot and sour soup recipe and the second one is making hot n sour soup
Preparation for chicken hot and sour soup
1. First, to prepare chicken hot and sour soup in a deep pan boil 400 to 500 ml of water.
2. Also add 1 tsp salt,1 tsp black pepper powder, and 1 tsp vinegar, mix them well and let the water boil for 2 to 3 min.
3. Now, add chicken pieces to this hot water.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and boil the chicken for another 7 to 8 min.
5. After that, drain chicken stock, shred the boiled chickens and discard the bones from the chicken pieces.
Making hot n sour soup
1. Now for, making hot n sour soup melt 3 tbsp oil or butter in the same pan.
2. Next add 1 tbsp chopped ginger garlic and saute in medium flame until the raw aroma goes away.
3. After that add 2 tbsp carrot,3 tbsp cabbage,3 tbsp capsicum, and 2 tbsp french beans and saute in medium to high flame for up to 3 to 4 min.
4. When all vegetables are looked translucent add chicken stock to a pan and mix with all vegetables.
5. Next add 1 tsp salt.
6.1 tsp black pepper powder.
7. Now mix the spices and cover the pan with a lid and simmer for another 6 to 7 min.
8. When vegetables are a little bit crunchy add shredded chicken and mix it properly with this spicy soup.
9. Next mix 1 tbsp soy sauce.
10.1 tbsp red chili sauce.
11.1 tbsp vinegar mix everything and adjust the taste.
12. For enhancing the thickness of hot and sour chicken soup add cornflour-water mixture and mix it gently.
13. Also add 1 tbsp chopped green chili.
14.1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder for vibrant colour for soup.
15. Finally, add 2 tbsp chopped spring onions.
16. Mix with hot n sour soup.
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of the chicken hot and sour soup recipe including step by step preparation shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient list.