Veg noodles recipe is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe where cooked hakka noodles tossed with some veggies and flavour with some spices and sauces.This Hakka noodles recipe is also known as veg hakka noodles in india.To cook these delicious hakka noodles follow the below step by step instructions on how to make veg noodles?
This mouthwatering hakka noodles recipe is not only tastes delicious but also very easy to cook at home. This noodles recipe is quite popular among indo-chinese street food vendors and various restaurants.
What is hakka noodles
Hakka noodles is one of the famous Indo-Chinese noodles, made with all-purpose flour and very thin in shape. In authentic hakka noodles recipe al dente noodles tossed with fresh vegetables , soy sauce, black pepper and salt in a iron wok in high flame.
What is veg noodles
Just like chinese hakka noodles this veg noodles recipe is also cooked in the same way. Here you can choose any variety of noodles including wholegrain noodles where pre-cooked noodles tossed with stir-fried fresh veggies including carrots, cabbage, french beans, capsicum, onions, mushroom and flavour with some sauces and spices.
What is the difference between noodles and hakka noodles?
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry
- Chicken vindaloo
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
- Rava upma
- Egg bhurji
What to serve with hakka noodles
You can serve hakka noodles with some red chili sauce, tomato ketchup etc. or serve these super delicious veggie noodles with veg manchurian, gobi manchurian, chilli chciken , chicken manbchurian, chilli paneer etc.
How to store veg noodles
After finishing your meal if you have any leftovers then you can safely store veg noodles in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 day.
Before eating make sure you sprinkle some water on it and reheat it in a microwave or toss in high flame in an iron wok.
Tips to make hakka noodles recipe
- Choice of Noodles : To cook the best veg noodles recipe use any good quality noodles including whole wheat noodles, chowmein noodles, and thick wholewheat noodles you can also use thin rice noodles known as hakka noodles just like this recipe.
- Spices & Sauce : To enhance the flavour in this veg hakka noodles recipe don’t forget to use black pepper powder, a dash of soy sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Veggies : You can use thinly sliced veggies including carrots, capsicum, cabbages and chopped french beans while cooking vegetable noodles.
- Cooking Method : Traditionally while preparing chinese noodles recipe, they are tossed in high flame in a cast iron or carbon steel wok or a pan with handles so it is easy to lift and hold the pan with the handles while tossing as well as when stirring.
- Non-sticky noodles : When the noodles are al dente or just about cooked, strain them in a colander. Then rinse them with fresh water. Drain off the extra water and toss them with 2 to 3 teaspoons of oil.
Variations of hakka noodles
You can also make egg hakka noodles and chicken hakka noodles recipe from this hakka noodles recipe, just you have to vary a small number of ingredients.
Egg hakka noodles
At first beat egg in a bowl then make scramble egg and set aside for later usage. After following the above steps to make the vegetable noodles, add scrambled eggs and cooked noodles to a wok and tossed on high flame. Adjust the sauce amount depending on your needs.
Chicken hakka noodles
For the chicken hakka noodles recipe first coat cubed boiled chickens in a mixture of beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 2 teaspoons of red chili powder, salt, and black pepper, then fry in oil till cooked. Finally following the same steps add cooked chicken and noodles and tossed on high flame. Adjust sauce depending upon your need.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make veg noodles recipe
Here, the complete recipe of veg noodles preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is cooking hakka noodles,
second one is making veg noodles recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
How to make hakka noodles
1. At first to make hakka noodles rinse and chop or shred veggies including 1 cup shredded cabbage, ½ shredded carrots, 8 to 10 french beans, ⅓ sliced capsicum and 1 large onion chopped, 1 tablespoon ginger garlic, 2 to 3 sliced green chili.
2. Next heat 1.5 litre water along with ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon oil.
3. After some time when water comes to a boil.
4. Next add 200 grams hakka noodles, and mix well.
5. Cook the hakka noodles according to the instructions mentioned in the package as every variety of noodles will have a different cooking time. For any variety of noodles, you need to cook till al dente.
6. Make sure to check whether the noodles are done or not. I press and taste them they must be softened, but a slight bite to them.
7. When it is done drain the cooked noodles in a colander and rinse the noodles with fresh water after that apply 2 tablespoons of oil and tossed the hakka noodles this prevents the noodles from stickiness.
Make veg noodles
1. Now to make veg noodles , first heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan then spread it evenly.
2. Next saute 1 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger- garlic.
3. After that cook 1 large size chopped onion and 3 chopped green chili till translucent.
4. Then add 8 thinly sliced french beans, 1 thinly sliced carrots, 1 thinly sliced capsicum, and 1 cup shredded cabbage and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes on medium to high heat.
5. Now continue to toss and stir fry on medium to high heat until the veggies are almost cooked. If possible it is best to use a pan with handles as it is better to lift it while tossing after that add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix well.
6. Then add cooked hakka noodles, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon crushed pepper as required.
7. Next sprinkle 1 tablespoon soy sauce
8. Now mix veg hakka noodles together.
9. Finally, serve this veg noodles steaming hot as it is or with some black bean sauce or tomato sauce.
Veg noodles recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the hakka noodles ingredients including quick step by step preparation of hakka noodles recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.