Aloo sandwich recipe | Potato sandwich | Aloo masala sandwich
Aloo sandwich recipe is one of the simplest sandwich recipes for breakfast usually stuffed with spicy mashed potato mixture, fresh veggies, mayonnaise and ketchup in grill bread. If you are in hurry this delicious aloo masala sandwich will become your saviour.To cook, this grilled potato sandwich recipe at home follow the below step by step instructions on how to make potato sandwich?
Though there are various ways you can prepare potato sandwich recipes either using a lot of cheese sauces etc.
But if you are looking for a quick yet delicious sandwich recipe then this aloo sandwich recipe is the best option for you.
To cook sandwich at home follow below tips and tricks and step by step instructions.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is potato sandwich
Potato sandwich or aloo sandwich is a one type of sandwich recipe which is very popular in india.It is usually made by stuffing aromatic spicy potato mixture, mayonnaise inside toasted bread
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry ,
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
What to serve with aloo sandwich
This aloo sandwich can be served hot or warm with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or mint chutney or mayonnaise dip or any cheese dip.
Tips to make aloo sandwich recipe
- Type of bread : To cook the best sandwich recipe you can use any type of bread of your choice from plain white bread to multigrain bread, whole wheat bread etc. Make sure to toast the bread with butter before assembling the sandwich.
- Spices & Sauce : I want traditional flavour in my aloo sandwich recipe so i add pav bhaji masala it gets street style flavour, and you can also add chaat masala or garam masala. I use tomato ketchup.
- Potatoes : You can use medium to high starchy potatoes for example yukon gold, and russet potatoes. It will be best if you avoid any new potatoes or baby potatoes.
- Cooking Method : Traditionally breads for sandwich recipes are toasted in an oven or griller but for our homemade recipe we use a grilled pan, where buttery bread is toasted in medium flame to get a perfect grilled line on a sandwich.
- Add on : If you want you can circular cut capsicum, and tomatoes and add on potato also add mozzarella, or cheddar cheese if you want.
You May Like
How to make aloo sandwich
Here, the complete recipe of aloo sandwich preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is stuffing for aloo sandwich recipe,
second one is toasting bread for potato sandwich, last one is assembling aloo masala sandwich.
so, let’s make it now.
Stuffing for aloo sandwich recipe
1. Now for preparing to stuff for aloo sandwich recipe first boil 3 medium size potatoes in a pressure cooker for 5 to 6 whistle, then place in a large mixing bowl and mash them.
2. Then mix 25 grams of green peas, and 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
3. After that add 3 chopped green chili, and 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander leaves.
4. Next mix 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, and 2 teaspoons salt.
5. Furthermore add 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
6. Also squeeze 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
7. Finally mix all of them for the aloo masala sandwich recipe.
Toasting bread for potato sandwich
1. At first to toast bread for the sandwich recipe apply butter to both the bread slices.
2. Now heat a grill pan on medium flame and place the slice of bread with the butter side down. Cook for 2 mins or until crispy and golden brown from one side, flip the other side and do the same thing.
Note : you can press the top sides of the sandwich with a flat spatula or large plate to get properly grilled bread.
Assembling aloo masala sandwich
1. Now for assembling aloo masala sandwich first place the toasted bread on a plate.
2. Then apply mayonnaise on the bread, make sure don’t add too much because the breads will become soggy.
3. After that add potato stuffing to the bread.
4. Now put some circular cut capsicum, and tomatoes on the sandwich also sprinkle chaat masala powder or pav bhaji masala on the sandwich.
Note : At this stage, you can put some grated cheese on the sandwich.If you don’t like just discard it.
5. After that apply tomato ketchup on the back side of other toasted bread you can also use coriander chutney.
6. Finally gently place the other toasted bread then Serve a hot potato sandwich immediately to your guest.
Potato sandwich recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the aloo sandwich ingredients including quick step by step preparation of aloo sandwich recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.