veg pulao recipe-fragrant long grain basmati rice cooked with fresh vegetables, herbs, and a few aromatic spices are one of the popular vegetable pulao recipes in India. There are different recipes for pulao available like tawa pulao, Kashmiri pulao, mutter pulao, chicken pulao, etc but this is a very simple pulao recipe and can be prepared easily at home without any extra effort. In this post, you will learn how to make pulao at home?Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
There are different ways to prepare pulao like instant pot pulao, pulao in cooker, and stovetop plain pulao, but this veg pulao recipe not only super easy but also very delicious.
More Recipes You May Love
What is veg pulao made of?
Vegetable pulao is made of long-grain flavourful basmati rice, fresh vegetables including carrots, capsicum, french beans, soya beans, pudina leaves, and a few spices including nutmeg powder, mace powder, green cardamom clove, cumin seed.
What goes well with pulao?
Tips To Make Best Veg Pulao Recipe
- Rice: The main ingredient to make the best veg pulao recipe is long-grain flavourful basmati rice so buy it from any popular brand available in the market and then wash it thoroughly in running water and soak in water at least 25 min.
- Vegetables For Pulao: For preparing the best veg pulao recipe to choose whatever veggies you like most but always use fresh ones.
- Secret Flavour: Your pulao will become super delicious if you use a pinch of nutmeg powder, mace powder, and freshly chopped pudina leaves.
- Cooking Method: As this is a quick pot pulao recipe so, whether you prefer stovetop or pressure cooker method in both ways you can make a super delicious, flavorful veg pulao recipe.
Recipe of veg pulao step by step with photo?
The complete preparation of veg pulao classified into two simple categories,
first one is Basic Preparation For Veg Pulao,
the second one is Cooking Veg Pulao Recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Basic Preparation For Veg Pulao
1. In a bowl wash 250 to 300 grams fragrant long grain basmati rice from any popular brand and
2. Wash them thoroughly in running water and soak them in water up to 30 min.
Note: Now before making veg pulao boil 10 to 15 soya beans and chopped into small pieces and set aside for later use. Also, chopped and wash all the vegetables for pulao
Cooking Veg Pulao Recipe
1. For cooking pulao pour 3 to 4 tbsp oil in a pan, spread it evenly in medium flame.
2. Add whole spices 1 small bay leaf,3 to 4 green cardamom,3 to 4 clove,1 black cardamom, 2-inch cinnamon.
3. Also, add 2 tsp cumin seed.
4. Now, saute them in medium flame up to 45 sec to 1 min until it gives a beautiful aroma.
5. After that add 2 medium size chopped onions,2 chopped green chili.
6. Now, saute for some time in medium flame until onions become translucent.
7. Then add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste.
8. Saute everything in low flame until the raw smell of all ginger garlic paste completely goes away.
9. Now add 3 to 4 tbsp chopped capsicum or 1 medium size capsicum.
10. Now add 4 tbsp chopped carrot or 1 medium-size carrot,
11. add 3 tbsp chopped french beans,
12. Also, mix 3 tbsp green peas
13. finally mix add 10 to 12 boiled, shred soya beans
14. now saute this mixture in medium to low flame up to 3 to 4 min.
15. To avoid any stickiness of veggies pour some water in Kadai.
16. now saute this mixture for another 4 to 5 minute
17. Next pour a lot of water to boil the veggies.
18. Add 3 to 4 tbsp chopped pudina leaves.
19. add 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
20. sprinkle 1/8 tsp mace powder,
21. Finally, add 1 tsp salt and check the taste.If required add now.
22. Let the water boil for some minute.
23. Then add drained rice in it.
24. Now gently mix the rice with veggies.
25. Next, cover the pan with a lid and cook the rice in low flame until rice absorbed all the water.
26. Then open the lid and fluff the rice from one side with a sharp spatula without breaking any rice grain. Finally rest the veg pulao as it is for at least 4 to 5 min then serve it hot with some salad and raita whatever you like.
Veg Pulao Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the veg pulao ingredients list including quick step by step preparation of vegetable biryani shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.