Hyderabadi biryani recipe-uncooked marinated chicken slowly steamed with partially cooked fragrant long grain basmati rice, fried onions, and a few herbs, is one of the popular biryani recipes across India. This is a very easy recipe of Hyderabadi biryani that can anyone make at home without any hassle. In this post, I will give you proper instructions on how to make chicken Hyderabadi biryani recipe at home?Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
More Recipes You May Love
Why Hyderabadi biryani so famous?
The Hyderabadi biryani is so famous for it’s uncooked or kaccha marinated chicken slowly cooked with layering aromatic saffron flavor long-grain basmati rice and fried onions.
What is Hyderabadi chicken biryani made of?
Hyderabadi chicken dum biryani is made of good quality partially cooked long-grain fragrant basmati rice steamed with uncooked marinated chickens, a few biryani spices, brown onions, desi ghee and freshly chopped pudina leaves, coriander leaves.
What to serve with the Hyderabadi biryani recipe?
Note: If you want to make above chicken dishes hover over the chicken tab.
Tips To Make Best Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe
- Rice: For preparing best hyderabadi biryani you must use best quality flavourful long grain basmati rice from any popular brand available in the market and soak them in the water at least 30 min before using it.
- Brown Onions: In traditional hyderabadi biryani recipe the most important ingredient is fried onions or brown onions, so always fry them in medium flame with a lot of oil.
- Secret Flavour: To enhances biryani’s flavor I use a few tbsp of fried onion’s oil, and 2 to 3 cups of rice stock which I separated earlier while draining the rice.
- Marination: In hyderabadi biryani as we use uncooked chicken so marination plays a very important role which ultimately makes your chicken pieces tender and juicy.
Recipe of hyderabadi biryani step by step with photo?
The complete hyderabadi biryani preparation process classified into three simple categories,
first one is Basic Preparation Of Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe, the second one is Marinade Chicken For Hyderabadi Biryani
the third one is Preparing Rice For Biryani and the last one is Cooking Hyderabadi Biryani in dum style.
so, let’s make it now.
Basic Preparation For Hyderabadi Biryani
1.Before start marination first washes and soak 300 to 400-gram long-grain fragrant basmati rice in a large mixing bowl up to 30 min.
2. Now to make saffron or Kesar milk pour 50 ml hot milk in a bowl and add 10 to 12 saffron or Kesar, mix with a spoon and set aside for some time until the milk turns white to yellow.
3. Now before making biryani, I boil 3 to 4 eggs and 4 to 5 small size potatoes cut into two parts. You can discard them if you don’t like eggs and potatoes.
4. In Hyderabadi biryani to enhances flavor we generally use fried onions, for this add 50 to 60 ml oil in a deep pan or Kadai.
5. Then add 4 to 5 medium size sliced onions and fry them in medium flame until they turn completely golden brown.
Note: We need only brown onions, so while frying onions continuously stir them in otherwise it gets burned.
Marinade Chicken For Hyderabadi Biryani
1. Now for perfect marinate chicken for hyderabadi biryani, place 500-gram fresh chicken leg pieces in a large mixing bowl.
2. Then, add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder,2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder.
3. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cumin seed.
4. Also, mix 3 tbsp hung curd or thick yogurt.
5. Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
6. Mix 3 to 4 green cardamom, 1-inch cinnamon.
7. Additionally, mix 4 to 5 tbsp fried onions.
8. 3 tbsp freshly chopped pudina leaves, coriander leaves.
9. Finally add 2 tbsp oil.
10. Now, mix all the ingredients with chicken pieces.
11. After that add 2 sliced green chili and 1 tsp biryani masala powder and mix with this marination.
12. Now set aside this chicken marination for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Preparing Rice For Hyderabadi Biryani
1. To prepare perfect rice for hyderabadi biryani, at first pour 1.5 lt to 2 lt water in a deep bottom pan or kadhai.
2. Add 2 to 3 tbsp salt, don’t worry after boiling rice soak only a small portion of salt.
3. Mix the most important biryani ingredients including 3 to 4 clove,1 small bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon,4 green cardamoms,1 black cardamom,1 mace,1 tsp cumin seed.
4. Also add,2 sliced green chili and 1 tbsp oil in this water.
5. Now let the water starts to boiling.
6. After that, add soaked rice in boiling water.
7. Now cook the rice up to 65% to 70%.
8. you can check the rice by pressing in fingers. When rice is 70% cooked drain the excess water from rice and cool them for some time.
Cooking Dum Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe
1. For cooking hyderabadi biryani recipe, without any stickiness of rice at the bottom of handi, spread oil or ghee in the bottom of handi.
2. Now spread evenly the first layer of marinade chicken at the bottom of handi also sprinkle some chopped pudina leaves, coriander leaves on this marinated gravy.
3. After that place per-boiled rice as a second layer over the marinated chicken.
4. If you want to use boiled eggs and potatoes add at this stage.
5. Sprinkle some fried onions over them.
6. Next, add another rice layer over them.
7. Now, pour Kesar or saffron milk.
8. To enhances biryani’s flavor I use fried onion’s oil you can use desi ghee.
9. Also, add 2 cups rice stock which has a very good aroma, I separated it while draining rice in a colander.
10. Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander leaves, pudina leaves, and remaining fried onions over top of the rice layer.
11. Finally, cover the handi with foil paper and dum the biryani in 2-3 min high flame and 15 min in low flame. Don’t open the handi for further 20 min, if you want to avoid direct heat of biryani you can place handi over tawa.
12. When biryani is ready carefully open the lid. Fluff the rice from one side with a sharp spatula and serve hot with some salad or any chicken gravy dish.
Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the ingredients of hyderabadi biryani including quick step by step preparation of hyderabadi dum biryani shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient list.