Moong dal kachori recipe – grounded moong dal flavoured with some Indian spices filled inside the cover of maida then deep fried in oil is one of the delicious khasta kachori recipe in India. These crispy and flaky moong dal kachori recipe is the best snack dish that you should not miss. In this post, you will learn how to make kachori?
Note: if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
As we know there is a various recipe of kachori available in india sometimes kachori is made with a stuffing of green peas,mawa etc.
But if you want to cook something delicious for breakfast then you must try this moong dal kachori recipe at home.
What is kachori
Kachori is a crispy, flaky deep-fried flatbread made of maida which is either filled with spicy grounded moong dal or spicy grounded green peas.
What to serve with moong dal kachori recipe
⇒ Check below recipes :
- Dum Aloo
- Aloo Tikki
- Bhel Puri
- Dahi Vada
- Aloo Chaat
- Chicken Pakora
- French fry
- Veggie burger
- Chicken burger
- Pani puri
Tips to make khasta kachori recipe
- Khasta Kachori : To make a crispy or khasta kachori recipe you can add a few tablespoons of semolina or sooji while preparing the dough.
- Amount Of Moyan : For partially soft and non-sticky dough for kachori add oil or ghee at 10:1 ratio. That means for 250 to 300 grams maida you have to add 4 to 5 tbsp oil.
- Cooking Method : To cook perfectly khasta kachori recipe heat oil first in medium high flame then place kachoris in hot oil immediately turn the flame low and gently splash hot oil over kachori which helps to grow them big.
You May Like
How to make kachori
Here, the complete moong dal kachori recipe is classified into three simple categories first one is making moong dal stuffing for kachori,
second one is making dough for kachori and the last one is cooking khasta kachori recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Stuffing for moong dal kachori recipe
1. At first, making stuffing for moong dal kachori recipe, pour 3 tbsp oil into a Kadai
2. Then, add 60 to 80 grams moong dal and saute on low flame until it changes its colour from yellow to slightly brown.
3. It takes approximately 4 to 6 min, at this stage, you get a beautiful aroma from it.
4. Now cool down this fried moong dal then pours it into a blender with 2 tsp of sugar and blend it.
5. After that transfer this powder moong dal into a large mixing bowl.
6. Next add 1 tbsp oil to it.
7. Also add some Indian spices including 1/2 tsp coriander powder,1/2 tsp cumin powder,1 tsp red chili powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp amchur powder,1 tsp fennel seed,1/2 tsp garam masala powder, and a pinch of salt.
8. Then mix all of them together with a spoon.
9. Next pour a dash of water in the interval and knead it properly.
10. Finally set aside this stuffing for kachoris for later usage.
Preparing dough for kachori recipe
1. Now making dough for the kachori recipe add 250 grams of maida to a large mixing bowl.
2. Sprinkle 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp baking soda. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and let it boil for some time.
3. Also add 2 tbsp sooji or semolina.
4. Furthermore, add 4 to 5 tbsp oil and mix all of them together.
5. Then pour water little by little and knead thoroughly till soft dough.
6. Sprinkle 1 tbsp oil all over the dough.
7. Finally cover the dough with a wet cloth and rest it for 30 min.
Cooking khasta kachori recipe
1. Now for making khasta kachori recipe first take some oil from your palm and pick a small portion of dough, make a circular hollow shape, and place the moong dal stuffing in it.
2. After that seal the mouth by bringing the edges together just like making modok or momo.
3. Then gently flat this stuffing dough by pressing in between palms, making a circular puri shape with help of a rolling pin.
4. Now for frying kachori pour 400 ml oil into a kadhai, and heat it at medium-high flame.
5. Then add stuffed kachori in it, and immediately make the flame medium to low.
6. Fry this kachori until it becomes crispy, flaky, and slightly golden brown from both sides.
7. Finally take out this moong dal kachori from oil . Then immediately serve this khasta kachori recipe with hot with dum aloo or hot and spicy red chutney, sweet tamarind chutney or green chutney whatever you like.
Moong Dal Kachori Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of moong dal kachori recipe including the quick step by step preparation of khasta kachori recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.