Aloo paratha recipe – indian whole wheat flatbread stuffed with spicy potato mixture and fried in butter or ghee is one of the most delicious bread recipes in India. This potato stuffed paratha is popularly known as aloo partaha.In this post, you will learn how to make aloo paratha?
If you want to make some delicious breakfast recipes then this aloo paratha will be your best choice.
To cook the best aloo paratha recipe at home you have to follow the below step by step instructions.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is aloo paratha
Aloo paratha is an indian flatbread, where spicy potato mixture is first filled inside a disk shape dough of whole wheat flour, then sealed, rolled in a circular shape, and pan fried in oil.
| You can also check the below recipes :
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
- Dal fry
- Egg bhurji
- Aloo matar
- Sarson ka saag
- Veg noodles
What to serve with potato stuffed paratha
Tips to make best aloo paratha recipe
- Potato Filling : Add only a few tablespoons of potato filling inside the dough, and seal the dough properly with water, such that no mixture will come out while making paratha shape.
- Thickness Of Paratha : Make sure you roll the paratha in an evenly medium thickness size, don’t make the parathas too thick which will become uncooked, as well as don’t make too thin paratha which does not taste good.
- Cooking Method : To cook perfect aloo paratha fry them in medium-high flame, as the low flame will make paratha very hard similarly in very high flame parathas will burn quickly and uncooked from inside.
You May Like
How to make aloo paratha?
Here, the complete recipe of aloo paratha preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is making stuffing for aloo paratha,
second one is making dough for aloo paratha and the last one is cooking aloo paratha recipe.
so, let’s make it now.
Stuffing for aloo paratha
1. At first, for making stuffing for the aloo paratha recipe wash 4 medium size potatoes, boil them in a pressure cooker for up to 4 to 5 whistles then drain the potatoes using a strainer.
2. When potatoes become cool a little bit peel them.
3. After that mashed them and keep them in a mixing bowl.
4. Additionally sprinkle 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder,1/2 tsp coriander powder,1/2 tsp amchur powder,1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder,1/2 tsp ajwain, and 1 tsp black salt.
5. After that add 1 tbsp chopped green chili,1 medium size onion,1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
6. Finally sprinkle 3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves and knead properly to make stuffing for paratha.
Making dough for aloo paratha
1. Now for making dough for aloo paratha add 300 grams whole wheat flour or atta and 1 tbsp salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Then pour 4 to 5 tbsp oil into it.
3. Next thoroughly rub the atta and oil mixture in between palms, such that it can easily form crumbs.
4. Furthermore, pour water in intervals and knead thoroughly until it becomes a soft dough.
5. Finally, add 1 tbsp oil all over the dough, cover the dough with a wet cloth and rest it for 30 min for making perfect potato stuffed paratha.
Preparing potato stuffed paratha
1. Now for preparing potato stuffed paratha, cut the dough into an equal small sizes, dust some flour on the table and roll the paratha using a rolling pin in a medium-thick circular shape.
2. Then add potato stuffing to it, giving a layer of water at the edges of the paratha.
3. After that seals the mouth by bringing the edges together just like making modok or momo.
4. Then gently flat this stuffing dough by pressing in between palms, dust some flour, and make an equal thickness circular roti shape with help of a rolling pin.
Cooking aloo paratha recipe
1. Now for frying aloo paratha heat oil in a pan.
2. Then transfer this aloo paratha to a hot pan and cook both sides of paratha for 1 min in medium high flame.
3. Furthermore apply butter or ghee on both sides of this potato stuffed paratha then gently press them with a spatula and cook until golden brown spots are visible on the paratha.
4. Finally our aloo paratha recipe complete serve this hot with any gravy dish or chai
Aloo Paratha Recipe Card
Here is a quick overview of all the potato stuffed paratha ingredients including quick step by step preparation of aloo paratha recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.