Paneer tikka masala recipe is a very delicious paneer gravy recipe where grilled paneer or cottage cheese is simmered in masala gravy. If you are paneer lover then must cook this delicious paneer tikka masala gravy for your family.To cook restaurant style paneer tikka masala recipe follow the below step-by-step instructions on how to make paneer tikka masala?
Do you want to cook famous punjabi dish at home then must try this paneer tikka masala recipe.This restaurant style dish is not only very delicious but also very easy to cook at home.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step by step recipe preparation keep reading!
What is paneer tikka masala
Paneer tikka masala is a famous indian appetizer where “ paneer ” means indian cottage cheese and ” tikka ” means which is marinated and then baked or grilled or fried and “ masala ” refers to creamy spicy tomato onion gravy.
So for paneer tikka masala recipe , paneer is first marinated with cube cut onions, capsicum, and tomatoes in tandoori sauce made with yogurt and spices then threaded on a skewer and grilled in a tandoor, this gives exact charcoal flavour in your tikkas.
But while cooking tandoori paneer tikka at home most of us don’t have tandoor so we grill the paneer tikka skewer on direct gas stove, pan fried or in the oven.
Then simmered this grilled paneer tikka on spicy aromatic tikka gravy.
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry ,
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
What to serve with paneer tikka masala?
Tips to make paneer tikka masala recipe
- Choice of Curd : Curd or yougurt is one of the main binding ingredients in this paneer tikka masala recipe so try to choose thick curd, never use any runny curd because it will drip off all marinate while grilling tikkas.
- Type of Oil : In the traditional tandoori paneer tikka you get a little pungent flavour, this comes from use of mustard oil, so i suggest you should use it to maintain the authenticity, and don’t forget to brush tikkas with butter or oil at the time of grilling, it prevents tikkas from drying quickly.
- Spices : To enhances flavour in this paneer tikka masala gravy don’t forget to use good quality kahmiri red chili powder for bright red colour, and the required amount of spices mentioned in the recipe.
- Veggies : I like paneer tikkas only with paneer, capsicum, onion and tomatoes so i use only these veggies in this recipe but if you want more add then to use slice carrots, mushrooms, baby corn, and cauliflower ( blanch before marinating ).
- Paneer : Try to use larger size paneer in your tikka so that it will not break at the time of grilling, choose any good quality paneer either store bought or homemade. For frozen paneer do one thing just soak them in warm water for at least 15 min to make them soft before marination.
- Marination time : In marination must use roasted garm flour or besan which helps to make the proper binding of your tandoori tikka sauce on paneer at the time of grilling. For the best flavour in your paneer tikka store the marination for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
More Recipes You May Love
How to make paneer tikka masala
Here, the complete paneer tikka masala recipe is classified into three simple categories first one is marination for paneer tikka masala,
second one is how to make paneer tikka, third one is cooking paneer tikka masala gravy and last one is dhunagar for paneer tikka masala.
so, let’s make it now.
Marination for paneer tikka masala
1. At first marination for paneer tikka masala recipe in a large mixing bowl add 200 grams thick curd or yogurt and Whisk it properly such that no lumps forms on the curd.
2. Now add 1 tablespoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder, pinch of salt, 2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon chat masala powder.
3. Next add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste,2 teaspoons kasuri methi,1/2 teaspoon ajwain, and 2 tablespoons roasted besan, 2 tablespoons mustard oil, mix everything with a whisker till marinade becomes smooth and thick.
4. Now add cube cut capsicum, tomato, and onion to this mixture. Mix everything together.
5. Next add paneer cube and gently mix with other ingredients without breaking.After that keep this marination in refrigerate for at least 2 hours.Till then we will cook paneer tikka and tikka masala gravy.
How to make paneer tikka
1. Now to make paneer tikka on a gas stove take out the marination from the freezer then start threading one by one like capsicum, onion, tomato, and paneer cube.
Note: if you are using a bamboo skewer before threading soak them in water for 1 hour.
2. Now on the gas stove and make the flame medium low then hold the skewer either from one end or both ends and gently rotate on the flame.
3. After some time you will see paneer along with other veggies begins chared from the edges and everything cooks properly. Brush some butter or oil at the time of grilling so that it prevents from drying out quickly. At the end don’t sprinkle some lemon juice on it, it generates a beautiful aroma.
4. If you don’t want to hold it in hand you can use a wire rack then place coated paneer tikka on it and cook both sides.
5. To prepare tawa paneer tikka first heat 2 tablespoons oil in a grill pan, then place cook paneer tikka skewer from both sides till properly cooked.
Cooking paneer tikka masala gravy
1. Now for cooking paneer tikka masala gravy heat 2 tablespoons butter in a pan then saute 3 green cardamoms, 3 cloves, 1-inch cinnamon for 1 min.
2. Next add 2 large size onions puree, and cook on medium flame till golden brown.
3. After that add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, and cook for sometimes till the raw smell disappear.
4. Now add 2 chopped green chili, and mix properly with onion.
5. Then pour 4 medium sizes tomato puree and cook for 5 min on medium flame till the raw smell of tomatoes disappears.
6. After that add 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1 teaspoon sugar to balance the taste and pinch of salt.
7. Furthermore cook the tikka masala gravy for another 10 till the oil separates from the masala.
8. Pour 400 ml water in this tikka masala.
9. Also pour 3 tablespoons cream to thicken gravy, mix everything and simmer the gravy for another 5 min.
10. Now add 3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander leaves, and 1 tablespoon kasuri methi.
11. Finally add our cooked paneer tikka to this masala gravy. Gently mix all of them on low flame for 2 min.
Dunagar for paneer tikka masala recipe
1. Now to get the smoky flavour or dunagar in your paneer tikka masala recipe heat charcoal till red hot
2. Then immediately place it in a small bowl and place it in the middle of paneer tikka masala.
3. Next immediately pour ghee on it, it generates smoke. Close the pan or plate with a lid and stay in this condition for at least 10 min until all smokes are properly infused in your paneer tikka masala.
Paneer tikka masala recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the ingredients of paneer tikka masala including quick step by step preparation of paneer tikka masala recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.