Mayonnaise sandwich recipe is a tasty and quick sandwich dish for your morning breakfast sandwich menu. Veg mayo sandwich recipe is usually made of veggie stuffing with mayonnaise filled inside toasted bread. To cook this delicious vegetable sandwich at home follow the below step by step instructions on how to make mayonnaise sandwich.
Though there are various ways to prepare veg mayonnaise sandwich. Here I will show you basic step by step instructions for preparing this mayo sandwich.
This Mayonnaise Sandwich is a tasty and very easy vegetarian sandwich made with veggie stuffing and Eggless Mayonnaise.
Note : if you are in a hurry, feel free to click on the following links to check your desired topic.If you’d like to see our in-depth step-by-step recipe preparation keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is mayonnaise sandwich
Mayonnaise Sandwich is a popular type of sandwich recipe which is usually made from toasted bread filled with vegetables or chicken stuffing, cheese, mayonnaise or sauce.
Your cooking time also gets reduced, if you quickly prepare the mayo stuffing and have it ready to stuff inside bread for a quick lunch or snack throughout the week.
Must Check Recipes
- Butter chicken
- Chicken curry
- Gobi manchurian
- Paneer paratha
- Garlic naaan
- Veg manchurian
- Malai kofta
- Chicken korma
What to serve with mayo sandwich
After assembling you can serve mayo sandwich immediately with hot vegetable soup, french fries, salads or Indian hot masala chai.
You can also use these veg mayo sandwich as a light breakfast, lunch or snack with fruit juice.
Tips to make veg mayo sandwich recipe
- Type of bread: To cook the best veg mayo sandwich recipe you can use any type of bread of your choice from soft white loaves of bread to multigrain bread etc. Make sure to toast the bread with butter before assembling the sandwich.
- Mayonnaise: You can choose any popular mayonnaise brand for this mayonnaise sandwich recipe. But if you are vegan choose vegan mayonnaise and for non-vegetarian, you can use eggless mayonnaise.
- Vegetables: You can use thinly sliced veggies including carrots, capsicum, and cabbages and boil corn or steamed green peas you can also use canned corn while assembling veg mayonnaise sandwich. If you want you can add grated paneer, and mashed potatoes.
- Cooking Method: Traditionally bread for sandwich recipes are toasted in the oven or griller but for our homemade recipe we use a grilled pan, where buttery bread is toasted in medium flame to get a perfect grilled line on a sandwich.
You May Like
How to make mayonnaise sandwich
Here, the complete recipe of mayonnaise sandwich preparation is classified into three simple categories first one is preparation for mayonnaise sandwich,
second one is toast bread for mayo sandwich, and third one is making veg mayo sandwich.
so, let’s make it now.
Preparation for mayonnaise sandwich
1. At first thoroughly wash veggies in running water and then shredded cabbages, carrots, chopped onions, capsicum, chopped green chili , ginger and lemon juice
2. Now for preparing vegetable stuffing for the mayonnaise sandwich recipe in a large mixing bowl first add 1 medium size chopped onion.
3. Then add 1 medium size grated carrots.
4. After that add 100 grams finely chopped cabbage, 1/2 medium size chopped capsicum, 1/4 teaspoon chopped ginger, 3 tablespoons chopped green chili.
5. Next add 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper powder, 2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
6. Furthermore add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
7. Also pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
8. Finally mix all of the veggies together. Then set aside our vegetable stuffing for the veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe.
Toast bread for mayo sandwich
1. At first to toast bread for mayo sandwich recipe cut whole grain bread or normal brad diagonally into two equal halves. Then apply butter to both the bread slices.
2. Now heat a grill pan on medium flame and place the sandwich with the butter side down. Cook for 2 mins or until crispy and golden brown.
Note: You can press the top sides of the sandwich with a flat spatula or large plate to get properly grilled bread.
3. Apply some butter to the other side and flip to cook the sandwich until golden brown and crispy from both sides.
Make veg mayo sandwich
1. Now for assembling the veg mayo sandwich first place the toasted bread on a plate.
2. Then add vegetable stuffing on toasted bread don’t add too much because the bread will become soggy.
3. After that, place another part on the toasted bread and gently press from the top. Our veg mayo sandwich recipe is completed, serve it hot immediately.
Veg mayo sandwich recipe card
Here is a quick overview of all the mayo sandwich ingredients including quick step by step preparation of veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.