Those who love cooking delicious dishes for their family all of them will agree on one thing that chopping is very time-consuming. So for the food lover here is the list of kitchen tips on how to cut vegetables and how to cut fruits easily. Read each instruction thoroughly which helps you to cook more efficiently.
Important tips to cut vegetables and fruits easily
- Chopping Board: Chopping board is one of the main important thing to cut the fruits and vegetables quickly. While using chopping board make sure to use a flat, non-slip surface to safely cut your produce.
- Keep a damp paper towel under cutting board : To avoid slippiness in your cutting board always keep a damp paper towel and place it under the board.
- Use the right knife: You must use the right knife for quick and smooth chopping.Always choose a sharp knife and slice in single movements from front to back for precise and safe cuts.
- Knife Holding: Though chopping is a simple task if you know how to hold a knife and chop it. To cut fruits and vegetables quickly make sure always keep the tip of the knife on the board.
- Safety: The most important thing you have to follow while chopping, is your safety. Make a good grip on fruits and vegetables and always keep your fingers inside while chopping. This greatly reduces the fear of getting cut.A number of times, you can end up injuring your fingers.
You May Like
Kitchen tips : How to cut vegetables and cut fruits easily
Cutting vegetables and fruits seem to be a daunting task if you don’t know these simple kitchen tips on how to cut vegetable and cut fruits easily.
How to cut green beans
- At first, wash the green beans thoroughly in running water to clean it properly.
- Now place 4 to 5 green beans together on the chopping board.
- Then hold the green bean with one hand by curling your fingers inwards first cut the stem end and then chop with a sharp knife into the same size.
Also read : How to peel ginger easily
How to cut bell peppers
- At first, clean the bell peppers in water then cut the top and the bottom of the bell pepper and cut it horizontally into two pieces.
- After that remove the seeds and white membrane in a circular motion.
- Finally chop the bell pepper into small pieces as per your requirement in your dish.
Also read : How to cut onions without crying
How to cut cauliflower
- First , washing the cauliflower throughly in running water to remove any mud from it’s surface.
- Then using a sharp knife first cut off the leaves and then cut around the stem into smaller pieces depending upon your requirement.
Also read : How to blanch almond fast
How to cut cabbage
- First, wash the cabbage in running water.
- Next, cut the cabbage into two equal halves and then into quarters.
- After that slice or chop the cabbage as per your requirement in your dish.
Also read : what is the difference between pan pizza and hand-tossed pizza?
How to cut carrots
- First, wash the carrots thoroughly in water to remove any dirt stick to it’s surface.
- Next place the carrot on a chopping board, first cut the ends then cut the carrots in half lengthwise and then into slices or dice pieces.
Also read : what is the difference between cappuccino, mocha, latte and espresso
How to cut celery
- First , wash the celery then cut off both ends with a sharp knife.
- Then , cut the celery in half lengthwise and then into slices or small pieces.
Also read : What is the difference between continental food and oriental food?
How to chop coriander leaves
- At first, wash the coriander leaves thoroughly in running water to remove any dirt from them.
- Now using a sharp knife cut the white root then take the stem with leaves and fold it two times.
- After that put it on the chopping board and finely chop it.
Also read : What is lemon rind?Lemon rind benefitsand uses
How to cut cucumber
- To cut cucumbers first wash them thoroughly in running water then peel the skin with a peeler.
- After that , cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and then into slices or small pieces as per your need.
Also read : 14 most popular chinese food
How to cut beet
- To cut the beet, first, wash the beet in water to remove any dirt present on its surface.
- After that cut off the leaves and stem.
- Next, cut the beet into two equal halves and then into small slices even you can grate it as per your need..
Also read : Is egg veg or non veg?
How to cut garlic
- First, take out the garlic cloves from the garlic.
- Then place the garlic cloves on a chopping board and using a chef’s knife first press on it.
- Remove the skin then chop, or minced as per your requirement.
Also read : How to store lemon fresh for longer period
How to cut ginger
- At first, hold a ginger in one hand and hold a spoon on the other hand then peel the ginger.
- After that , using a sharp knife cut the ginger into thin slices, chopped or minced as per your need.
How to cut green chili
- At first, wash green chilies thoroughly, then place them horizontally on the chopping board first trimming off the stem end.
- Then hold it with two fingers from one hand and chop it horizontally with a knife from the right side to the left side into thin slices or small pieces.
- To avoid any burning sensation on your finger you can also use vegetable scissors to chop green chilies.
Also read : How to clean mussel and debeard mussel
How to cut potatoes
- At first, wash the potatoes thoroughly in running water to clean the mud stick to it’s surface.
- Next place the potatoes on a chopping board with a sharp knife cut the potatoes in half length wise then slice into small pieces.
Also read : Indian dal names in English and Hindi
How to cut onions
- At first , cut the root end and the stem end of the onion.
- Then peel the onion with hand.
- Now first cut the onion into two equal halves then cut it into thin slices or small pieces.
Also read : 22 best kitchen hacks of 2023
How to cut mushrooms
- At first wash the mushrooms thoroughly in running water.
- Then using a sharp knife cut the mushrooms into thin slices or small pieces depending upon your requirements.
Also read : Top 28 list of Indian Spices
How to cut tomatoes
- At first, wash the tomatoes thoroughly in running water to remove any dirt present on the surface.
- After that place tomatoes on a chopping board and first cut the tomatoes in half size, deseed them then cut again into small pieces as per your requirements.
How to cut pineapple
- At first, cut the top and bottom of the pineapple using a sharp knife.
- Now, with the same knife cut the peel and trim the eyes of the pineapple.
- Finally, cut the pineapple into equal pieces and then chop it into small pieces whatever you like.
Also read : 9 clever kitchen hacks help LPG cylinder last longer
How to cut pomegranate
- At first, with the help of a sharp knife cut the pomegranate vertically and make two equal halve.
- Now remove the white pulp and gently push the edges to open up the pomegranate.
- Finally, with a help of a spoon take out all the seeds from the pomegranate and place them in a bowl.
How to cut mango
- At first, with a help of a sharp knife cut the mango vertically adjacent to the core and make three slices.
- Now using a spoon take out the pulp from the peel or make a horizontal cut to remove the small pieces from the peel.
How to peel kiwi
- At first, cut off the top and bottom of the kiwi.
- Now, using a sharp knife slice the kiwi into two equal halves.
- Finally, slide a spoon underneath the skin and rotate to scoop out the fruit pulp.
How to cut watermelon
- To cut the watermelon first place it on the chopping board then using a sharp knife cut off both ends of the watermelon.
- After that first cut watermelon into two equal halves then again cut each haves into a quarter shape.
- Now using a sharp knife cut along the rind and slice off the skin of the watermelon.
- Finally cut watermelon along wedges or grids as per your liking.
How to slice orange
- To slice the orange using a sharp knife first cut the top and bottom of the orange.
- Now place the orange on a chopping board and slice off the skin along with the white pith in a circular motion.
- Remove any seeds and enjoy your orange slice.
How to cut corn
- To cut corn first remove the husk and silk from the corn cob peel them back then pull them off.
- Now with one hand hold the cob upright on a chopping board then using a sharp knife cut the kernels from the cob in a downside motion.
- While cutting you should rotate the cob to remove kernels from all of it’s sides.
How to cut avocado
- To cut the avocado first cut it lengthwise around the seed and twist both halves in opposite directions to separate them from each other.
- Now with a help of a spoon remove the seed from the avocado.
- Furthermore, to make dice or slice avocado cut one it’s flesh using a sharp knife then with a help of a spoon gently scoop out pulp from the skin.
The best way to cut these vegetables will depend on the specific recipe or dish you are preparing. However, here are some general guidelines for cutting each of the vegetables you list